NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Cuba Cars
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Cuba Cars
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.4

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject:  Cuba Cars Reply with quote

was in cuba for a week, turns out they have really old cars EVERYWHERE lols, so i took alot of pics figured you guys would like to see.

taxi we drove in to the city

speedo dont work but had awesome stereo and a/c lol

they all had diesel engines

In the city

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Too bad all the politics didn't happen in the mid 70's. Can you imagine all the muscle cars that'd be floating around there? Drool

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
madbrad
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.43

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Grim you sound surprised the cars are old.
I do see cars in your pics that are much newer than the revolution. How'd they get in there?
I hear they have imaginative ways of maintaining them what with the lack of parts and fluids etc. A great thing to bring in on vacation is brake fluid. You can use it for tips. It's like gold.

jumpman23_ss
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

it was around the 60s that the united states exporting goods to cuba. since around the 60s is when fidel went all communist. It must of been a pain in the ass to try and keep these cars running all these years. plus everybody is poor.

wait what were you doing in cuba? i heard you cant just go to visit you usually have to go with a reason.
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

madbrad wrote:
Grim you sound surprised the cars are old.
I do see cars in your pics that are much newer than the revolution. How'd they get in there?
I hear they have imaginative ways of maintaining them what with the lack of parts and fluids etc. A great thing to bring in on vacation is brake fluid. You can use it for tips. It's like gold.

i knew their was old cars their(dad told me abut it) just didn't know they were that many, all the newer cars seem to be import, mostly Hyundai and kia nothing american at all.

jumpman23_ss wrote:
it was around the 60s that the united states exporting goods to cuba. since around the 60s is when fidel went all communist. It must of been a pain in the ass to try and keep these cars running all these years. plus everybody is poor.

wait what were you doing in cuba? i heard you cant just go to visit you usually have to go with a reason.

nope you can go anytime they have resorts everywhere, our resort was called club amigo. when we went through their customs and bag checks they asked why we were their, and we just told them the truth, which was a vacation. the cubans cannot leave however.

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
jumpman23_ss
Cadet
Cadet

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ohhhhhh. I always heard that you had to have a reason to go. but apparently not. hahaha
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

jumpman23_ss wrote:
ohhhhhh. I always heard that you had to have a reason to go. but apparently not. hahaha

It's a political issue between the United States and Cuba. I don't know of any other country in the world which can't travel there freely, but others may exist. Americans can travel there if they book specifically through certain companies, but they have itineraries on such trips... you can't just go and sit on the beach. There's a wikipedia article that seems pretty well written about the subject.

Cuba is a semi-popular travel destination for Canadians because it's always warmer there than it is here, and the trips are less than a grand per person. But it's pretty much wide open for us to do as we wish when we're there (as most places are for most tourists)

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ya i talked to alot of tourists and not one was american.
Americans have to travel to canada then to cuba if they would want to go.. think thats how it goes anyways.

3.69 gears soon!!
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

A lot of the old dies were sold to Cuba and other countries after production here in the states. Some of the countries produced those car for many years after the originals were made here.

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.43

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You'd think Soviet cars would be sold there once the embargo started, but then again I guess no one could afford them.

jumpman23_ss wrote:

Only for you Amercians HAHAHA!
Your embargo means no US company is allowed to trade there. So no flights from your airports. Just go from Canada, I don't know if that makes it easier for you.
I've never been but Canadains LOVE going there for vacation. It's real cheap, You get treated like a king, you can tip with Blue Jay hats, running shoes and brake fluid, and I hear they love Canadians.

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.93

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Damn commies. Laughing

Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

madbrad wrote:
You'd think Soviet cars would be sold there once the embargo started, but then again I guess no one could afford them.

jumpman23_ss wrote:

Only for you Amercians HAHAHA!
Your embargo means no US company is allowed to trade there. So no flights from your airports. Just go from Canada, I don't know if that makes it easier for you.
I've never been but Canadains LOVE going there for vacation. It's real cheap, You get treated like a king, you can tip with Blue Jay hats, running shoes and brake fluid, and I hear they love Canadians.

yes they do love us canadians. this is charlie&me, he hung around every beach party, made me where his sun glasses for this pic lols

and this is charlies friends we hung out with, i would buy them that lil bottle of havana every few hours(only $3 for the bottle) and we partied lols.

and yes you can trade clothes for ANYTHING, as their clothes in cuba are insanely overpriced, i saw $15 dollar socks in the city Shocked and that was for 1 pair...
at the end of my trip I gave all my summer clothes away to a cuban friend that needed them more then I did.

3.69 gears soon!!
Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.75

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nice cars but I would rather have democracy

Sold 28/10/11
jumpman23_ss
Cadet
Cadet

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

3 dollars for a bottle of alcohol but 15 dollars for a pair of socks... Sounds too good to be true!
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.95

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sounds like you had a good time! Very Happy

On another note, I wish there were that many classic cars around here.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: