NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - EFI live
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

EFI live

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madspeed

Posts per day: 0

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject:  EFI live Reply with quote

I have Efi Live comercial scan and tune. problem is they don't support my 00 impala 3.8. I dont want a pcm canned tune I want full access to tune the pcm myself. What I need it to be able to have an input in the pcm to read a switch of some sort on off whatever that reads a fully different timing table and different fuel maps I can and will swap out pcms that are supported but whats a pcm that will marry to this car ?
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.94

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sell it and buy a DHP or HP Tuners

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

heh yea after all the lic Ive paid for. i think not.
on a side not what can those others do for me? can they run a dry N20 system? cause in a nutshell thats what i need it to do to run cng
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.94

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes, for really serious builds, such as top swapping, DHP is a little better.

However, they went out of business so the lack of support lead me to HP Tuners
HP Tuners is also a little more user friendly.

And yes, they can be used to do supercharger builds, turbo's, and nitrous. I am actually almost done piecing together my nitrous build, and will be putting it all together in late dec/early january

I honestly don't know what you would need to do to get the EFI to work, and have never personally heard of anyone using one on these cars. They are supported to use on the 06+ impala's but not the 00-05. I'm guessing it has to do with the ECM/PCM differences (which is weird since they do support other cars with PCM's), so its probably a ton of work to make it useable, and might end up costing you more than buying a DHP or HP Tuners (esp since DHP can be bought used, unlocked, for less than $300 these days

EDIT: Also, why are you leaning towards a Dry kit over a Wet kit?

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

00impala123 wrote:
Yes, for really serious builds, such as top swapping, DHP is a little better.

However, they went out of business so the lack of support lead me to HP Tuners
HP Tuners is also a little more user friendly.

And yes, they can be used to do supercharger builds, turbo's, and nitrous. I am actually almost done piecing together my nitrous build, and will be putting it all together in late dec/early january

I honestly don't know what you would need to do to get the EFI to work, and have never personally heard of anyone using one on these cars. They are supported to use on the 06+ impala's but not the 00-05. I'm guessing it has to do with the ECM/PCM differences (which is weird since they do support other cars with PCM's), so its probably a ton of work to make it useable, and might end up costing you more than buying a DHP or HP Tuners (esp since DHP can be bought used, unlocked, for less than $300 these days

EDIT: Also, why are you leaning towards a Dry kit over a Wet kit?

REALLY!!! hmm berry intersting. 300 u say?
Well realy notrunning N20 at all Im goignt o CNG my car and Im going to build a board to plug the pcm op to the injectors into that switches over to another set and the pcm will map different fuel and spark tables . my cng cavalier would get 26 mpg at 1.49 a gallon Id go from Utah to cali and back for under 80 bucks sold the cav for 3500 with 260k on the clock and using the funds for the 00 imp w blown eng I got for 750 and the eng for 175 w 101k and resealed it and r&Rd it in one day. already driven to cali and back boy what a diff in fuel cost.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: