NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Small Mod. Shined up.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Small Mod. Shined up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2001Ls
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.24

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject:  Small Mod. Shined up. Reply with quote

I had some extra headlight tint film so I cut out pieces to fit over the reverse lights.

Very small but I like details.

I hit it with a little clay bar/ wash/ a bit of compound.
I also restuck my headliner "elmers rubber cement" did the job well, and did a little body work to bend my door back into shape from a disaster at a car wash were they locked my keys in the car and had to break into my car bending the door frame. Oh yeah I also took the cluster out, soldered a few resistors back, jimmied with my dimmer switch and seemed to have fixed the dim instrument cluster problem. Now all I need is a pile of $ and I can do some real weekend mod projects. Lol...the sage continues, just figured i'd share because I ahve low self esteem and I need people to say "nice job!" and things like that. Let the praise begin....now

2001 Impala LS 81k as of Nov,2011
3.8 V6 3800 Series 2
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm not much for gold Imps but that doesn't look bad. Dye the trim too finish it off. Cool

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
2001Ls
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.24

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

"dye" as in something other than all the products that promise to restore trim but have never lasted more than 2 days?

2001 Impala LS 81k as of Nov,2011
3.8 V6 3800 Series 2
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.97

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

2001Ls wrote:
"dye" as in something other than all the products that promise to restore trim but have never lasted more than 2 days?

Yes. You can find some online or at your local autoparts store.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.52

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

2001Ls wrote:

Just use tire shine when you clean your car, thats what I use on my trim and it works/looks nice.

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
impala2k
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.19

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Gold Imps FTW! Looks great! I wish I wasn't so scared of the clay bar, cause I thinkl it would help me a lot. Regarding trim. I have had luck with Maguires Trim detailer. It lasts quite a while in between treatments for me. atleast 2 weeks before another treatment is needed, but more like a month most of the time.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.32

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

impala2k wrote:
Gold Imps FTW! Looks great! I wish I wasn't so scared of the clay bar, cause I thinkl it would help me a lot. Regarding trim. I have had luck with Maguires Trim detailer. It lasts quite a while in between treatments for me. atleast 2 weeks before another treatment is needed, but more like a month most of the time.

Claybar is very straightforward to use. Take advantage of the benefits! Just need some detailer spray and the claybar then you can get to work! I think some people just use a few drops of dish soap in a spray bottle full of water (instead of detailer spray), but don't quote me on that - look up the claybar thread in the detailing section.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: