NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Haven't Posted in awhile (updated with dyno chart)
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Haven't Posted in awhile (updated with dyno chart)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingman520
Guru
Guru
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 1.2

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:13 am    Post subject:  Haven't Posted in awhile (updated with dyno chart) Reply with quote

Well i know i haven't been social on here with posting and everything mainly with me going back to college full time, transferring from two different jobs, and now seeking a job in a new field completely (was in automotive now going to computer/IT department) somehow I've scrounged enough cash up to do what I've wanted at least before i bite the bullet on doing a top swap since i still have a few questions that are in the dark about a supposed way to make the pre 03 transmission work and the boost bypass which i have no idea if the BBY does.

Well enough of the rant lol time for the nitty gritty...I was wondering if a few guys down in the Columbus, Ohio area would want to get together (the day for those wondering will be October 20th) since i will be down there meeting up with Brian Turner (AKA Dyno Brian) and have a small get together or hangout either during (if dyno Brian allows since i have to contact him this week to see if i'd be allowed to have guests if enough interest is here) if that would be possible with anybody wanting to meet up.

I'll let that sink in a bit lol yes you read that right I'm going down to the Columbus area to get the Impala on the dyno

The biggest reason i want to get this tune for one is so i can see my horsepower numbers before and after my swap since i've always wanted to knwo the gain... along with wanting to know how to keep/know how to tune my car properly for while i'm still N/A and when i go boost. Another big reason i'm going is I asked him if he would give me some tips for tuning and had no issues informing me on how to tune properly since i have in my area two GTP'S (gen V) just found two gen 3's, know a gen 3 on corn, and another friend who is going to put a turbo on his vehicle within a year or so probably

so if anybody wants to meet please inform me and we can either meet at the dyno place if dyno Brian doesn't mind if not we can meet up somewhere for lunch/hangout or maybe even dinner since i will be down in Columbus from the 19th and leaving the 21st

thanks for reading the post... now rant/comment/hate away Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

**update 10/28/12**

The results are in since I finally got to a computer and had a couple seconds to post... First run with my street tune, I made 173 WHP After brian did his magic she made 181 WHP. To me not bad for street tune and reading what everybody has posted and done on the multiple forums I've read on... Dyno graph below

And also before she ran had to snap a photo

Now for all the pontiac lovers on the impala forum there was a pontiac gto that went on the rollers after I did... I had the pleasure of being able to watch dyno brian work his magic on this vehicle as well... I sadly had to leave early before he finished tuning but last dyno graph I read this beauty made 410 whp... No dyno graph but an epic video of the 410 hp run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....ata_player

2001 Chevy Impala- 186K Retired: 180 T stat, HV3, Wizaired Intake, GMPP Exhaust, Speed Daddy Headers, 1.9 Yella Terra Rockers, Custom LED interior, BBEngineering.com 6 Pod Cluster, Poly Mounts and Bushings, Dyno Tuned by Dyno Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports 181 WHP 230 WTQ

Last edited by Wingman520 on Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jgilius
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.3

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Columbus, huh? Suckeyes. Hahahaha Laughing

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
Wingman520
Guru
Guru

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

jgilius wrote:
Columbus, huh? Suckeyes. Hahahaha Laughing

Haha yes buckeye my whole life... Sucks they can't be able to be in any championships... Oh well Razz

2001 Chevy Impala- 186K Retired: 180 T stat, HV3, Wizaired Intake, GMPP Exhaust, Speed Daddy Headers, 1.9 Yella Terra Rockers, Custom LED interior, BBEngineering.com 6 Pod Cluster, Poly Mounts and Bushings, Dyno Tuned by Dyno Brian @ Dyno Tune Motorsports 181 WHP 230 WTQ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.95

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Should come dyno in chicago so we can meet up again haha

...not driving to the indiana/ohio border again lol

Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

come buy my parts, only a 4hr drive Wink

g/l w the swap

His dog ran away and didn't come back for a few hours on the first fire up too. It was awesome.

When babies cry and animals flee, you know you did something right Laughing

Signature truncated by system. Maximum of 6 lines allowed
Wingman520
Guru
Guru

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

04DetroitLS wrote:
come buy my parts, only a 4hr drive Wink

g/l w the swap

Haha if i had the cash I would get that car asap lol and thanks as well.

00impala123 wrote:
Should come dyno in chicago so we can meet up again haha

...not driving to the indiana/ohio border again lol

Haha you know that was a fun drive Razz

Wingman520
Guru
Guru

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

well dyno tune will commence tomorrow at 10 am.... i'm hoping for average of 200whp with the mods on the vehicle... we shall see... i'll post the dyno sheets and vids if i get a chance to take some soon as i get them

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: