NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Hesitation?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Hesitation?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
legotech7

Posts per day: 0.01

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject:  Hesitation? Reply with quote

Ok, I searched all the forums, and apparently there are a lot of folks with this problem, but cannot find any concrete answers. I hope I can get help here.
Here is my problem and or symptoms on my 2000 Impala LS, 3.8 eng.
When I start it up, when the eng. is cold, the car starts right up and about a second or two it starts to hesitate or like its starving for fuel, like it wants to stall. But if I rev. it, to about 2000 rpm for a few seconds till it stabilizes, it will idle fine after that and continues to drive fine for the rest of the day. It only does it when the eng. is cold. I replaced the EGR valve, the fuel pressure regulator, PVC valve,fuel filter. Ran some fuel injector fluid in the gas tank, Removed the throttle body and cleaned it ( looks like new now ), sprayed some MAF cleaner on the sensor.......... AND its still doing the same thing. Oh... and I replaced the o2 sensor not too long ago. What the hell am I missing? Do I need to check my coils, plugs, plug wires, or perhaps the Idle Air Control valve? The car runs beautiful, not a miss, gets good gas mileage and has lots of power. It has 185,000 plus miles on it and Ive had since new. But this fuel starvation thing is driving me crazy. Anyone with any Ideas, or what other tests should I be running to resolve this? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.........
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.61

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

First thing I would check is the IAC to see if its gummed up. It's possible that once it warms up it isn't sticking anymore.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
legotech7

Posts per day: 0.01

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject:  Hesitation? Reply with quote

I replaced the IAC and still doing the same. I suspect a bad fuel injector, but I haven't had a chance to check them. I'm opting to replace all the injectors, since it the only piece of maintenance I haven't caught up with. the car has 185,000 miles on it and I plane to keep it for a little while longer. I just love the car!.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: