NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - New from Idaho
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

New from Idaho

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenflannel

Posts per day: 0

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject:  New from Idaho Reply with quote

Hello, I'm a new Impala owner from Pocatello Idaho. Just found this forum, and am excited to be a part of it! I'm sure it won't be long before I start asking for help on this and that.
VictoryRed09
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome to the site from another out west Owner.
I live in Northern Utah but travel regularly thru Pocetello on the way to Idaho Falls.

You will find the forum useful in finding answers to well known issues with the Impala, tips on various subjects from audio to general fix it stuff.

You will find on the site, some former owners that hang out to give current owners a bad time. If you don't get offended easily you'll be fine.
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.25

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum!

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.46

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome aboard the site of greatness.

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
amoffitt
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Infiniti G35
2007 BMW 3 Series
2009 Mercedes-Benz C Class

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome... if you want any aftermarket parts for your car let me know... I still have a few for sale that im trying to get rid of.

Vehicles:
2003 Chevy Impala- Current, 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe- Sold, 2007 Yamaha R6s- Sold, 2007 BMW 335i- Current, 2008 Yamaha R1- Current
greenflannel

Posts per day: 0

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm welcome! I realized that I forgot to mention anything about my car. It's a 2002 base model with the 3.4 engine. Just recently purchased it, and whoever had it previously took very good care of it. It has 108000 miles and rides like a dream. Previous owner replaced the stock wheels with American Racing wheels, same 16 inch size, but they look nice. More than that, I'm happy they're not stock so I don't have to worry about warping over the years. They also replaced the air filter with a K&N, just the drop in filter, not a CAI. Battery is a Duralast Gold 800 CCA, and the spark plug wires look aftermarket. They're thick red wires.

Prior to this, I've been driving a 1995 Dodge Intrepid. It was a good car, but old and worn out. The repairs would be too costly all things considered. Still drives, so the wife's keeping that until it dies. My experiences with the intrepid did teach me a thing or two about the importance of taking care of a car, as well as how to perform some maintenance and repairs. Good to be here in the company of the experts though.
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.25

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You're concerned about the factory rims warping? I've never even heard of that, unless you meant brake rotors.

I think PRJ brand wires are the red aftermarkets for our cars. In general, Impala ignition parts work better than aftermarket stuff, especially plugs and wires.

Be cautious if you ever service your K&N filter... overoiling will ruin the engine's sensors, which can get expensive fairly quickly. I, too, have a K&N filter in my car but if it ever needed replacement, I would opt for a dry-flow style as opposed to oiled. Both are serviceable parts, but eliminating the oiling leaves one less thing to go wrong when working on the car.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.9

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Lingenfelter wrote:
You're concerned about the factory rims warping? I've never even heard of that, unless you meant brake rotors.

I think PRJ brand wires are the red aftermarkets for our cars. In general, Impala ignition parts work better than aftermarket stuff, especially plugs and wires.

Be cautious if you ever service your K&N filter... overoiling will ruin the engine's sensors, which can get expensive fairly quickly. I, too, have a K&N filter in my car but if it ever needed replacement, I would opt for a dry-flow style as opposed to oiled. Both are serviceable parts, but eliminating the oiling leaves one less thing to go wrong when working on the car.

There are a lot of red plug wires on the market. They could just be MSDs. Although he'd be a lucky duck if they were PRJs. Very Happy

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: