NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Overkill PCM...rookie questions
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Overkill PCM...rookie questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patyson
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.28

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Question Overkill PCM...rookie questions Reply with quote

Ok...I took the PCM off of billy101's hands from the "for sale" section.

Is this gonna be a "plug n play" scenario,or am I jumping the gun by just taking it to the dealership and expecting smooth sailing. I also have a 180* T-Stat I plan on dropping in,and a CD ONLY / blue backlit stock head unit swap to add to the mix...both of which I would do just before taking it in. Am I heading in the right direction?

Thank you very much for any feedback

P A Tyson

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.41

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

probably a email to overkill would get you the best answer. getoverkilled.ca
did billy tell you any specifics about the tune? last i heard it was tuned for 91-93 octane, hopefully he told you that so you don't put lower octane in and blow your engine up when you floor it lol.

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
chibiblacksheep
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.49

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2007 Chevrolet Impala
1968 Chevrolet Camaro
2013 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's tuned to his VIN, you won't be able to just plug and play it.

Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.44

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

you need someone with hptuners to flash it with the correct vin i doubt a dealership will want to get their hands dirty with it

billy101
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.67

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

grimsin wrote:
probably a email to overkill would get you the best answer. getoverkilled.ca
did billy tell you any specifics about the tune? last i heard it was tuned for 91-93 octane, hopefully he told you that so you don't put lower octane in and blow your engine up when you floor it lol.

That is correct. I forgot to mention that. 91+ octane tune. I have run 89 with no knock, but that's because I was able to scan my car and see what was going on. To be on the safe side, run 91. Nothing else is changed otherwise, I did have Will add the downshift to 3rd lockup added so when passing power on the highway is needed it will stay locked up and downshift to 3rd.

Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.59

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

first, you need to make sure the SERV numbers match to see if its even compatible. Then you need to have it reprogrammed for your VIN. Also, if it was programmed for a newer style transmission, the tune may not let yours shift correctly if you have an older style transmission.

Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Is there any research I can do,while waiting to hear back from Overkill?

Thanx

C'mon guys...at least give me some grief for getting way ahead of myself! lol

2003 Impala LS Sport / OverKill Tune / GM Handling Kit w/Don Rome Brackets / Timken Hubs / Custom Intake / HO 190A Alternator / Metal Coolant Elbows / U-Bend Delete / Polished Stainless SLP Superflo's / 18" Stainless Magnaflow Tips / LED SS Cluster / SS Spoiler / Molded Splash Guards / SLP Grille / Stock Tail Covers / 400W Pioneer Amp / 10" Kicker Comp Sub / Alpine 6x9's / Clarion HU w/Blue Backlit Impala script HU Mount / 18" 2010 Charger R/T Rims / Halo w/LED strip Headlights
patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Is there anyone out there that can do something with this thing?

Overkill has seemingly died.

Or,what can I get to do it myself?

I mean,it's all my fault,but I'm not a big fan of what has become an expensive paperweight.

Thanx for any and all help/feedback.

P A Tyson

grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

you could try oqcgp.com as overkill is on that site alot. I have never had a issue getting hold of him. have you even tried putting it in Question

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

grimsin wrote:
you could try oqcgp.com as overkill is on that site alot. I have never had a issue getting hold of him. have you even tried putting it in Question

I will try the oqcgp.com,since e-mails have rendered 0 results.

I have not tried putting it in due to the replies I've received previously in this thread.

Should I?

Thanx

P A Tyson

grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

just read whole thread, the pcm is on his vin so no go...
I would start going to gm dealers, and say
I have my stock pcm, but i also have this other tuned pcm but need the vin switched.
as long as they know you still have a stock pcm i dont see why they couldn't help ya out. cause they wouldn't be leaving you stranded cause you have your stock pcm, it just gonna cost some coin..

3.69 gears soon!!
patyson
Resident
Resident

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Still no word from Overkill... Confused

There's gotta be someone out there that can do this...he can't be the only one on the continent that can help me out.

Any more suggestions?

Thanx

P A Tyson

nightryder
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.82

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Step 1:

Pitch Black SS wrote:
you need to make sure the SERV numbers match to see if its even compatible

Step 2:

Quote:
Then you need to have it reprogrammed for your VIN.

DHP wont read overkill tunes, so you will need to find someone with HPT. You will probably have to pay someone at least $100 to do it as that's what the cost of the credits would be to change the VIN. Your best bet is a tuner shop that uses HPT.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 PCM/Engine Computer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: