NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - blower motor problem
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

blower motor problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject:  blower motor problem Reply with quote

im thinking its the blower motor but at 80 bucks I want more opinions and im confused about the symptoms, here it goes. When it first started it wouldn't blow at all. But if you open the sun roof with the fresh air on it would suck air threw the blower motor and kind of kick start the motor it then would speed up you could then close the sun roof and it would be good till you shut the car off, sometimes it would work fine all by itself. Sometimes if I hit a bump before I got to 50 it would kick the blower motor on like a bad connection. But due to it being a electric motor I can see how the connection problem would be there. Also I've been noticing my hvac control lights have been going out one drive then on the next drive they would be back on.

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
Joe67
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.05

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:21 am    Post subject:  Re: blower motor problem Reply with quote

Irish_alley wrote:
im thinking its the blower motor but at 80 bucks I want more opinions and im confused about the symptoms, here it goes. When it first started it wouldn't blow at all. But if you open the sun roof with the fresh air on it would suck air threw the blower motor and kind of kick start the motor it then would speed up you could then close the sun roof and it would be good till you shut the car off, sometimes it would work fine all by itself. Sometimes if I hit a bump before I got to 50 it would kick the blower motor on like a bad connection. But due to it being a electric motor I can see how the connection problem would be there. Also I've been noticing my hvac control lights have been going out one drive then on the next drive they would be back on.

I've had to replace the blower motor resistor on my 2005 for intermittent problems. Mine would work sometimes and not others (all speeds).

Have you checked that?

Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

would the resistor act like a weak motor and speed up once its spun. almost like the motor doesnt have the tq to spin the wheel

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
Joe67
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.05

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Irish_alley wrote:
would the resistor act like a weak motor and speed up once its spun. almost like the motor doesnt have the tq to spin the wheel

Mine had strange symptoms. It was either all or nothing. Worth checking out since I believe it is probably the HVAC switch/unit, resistor or blower motor itself.

shotokan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Being as it is an electric motor, the carbon brushes may be worn out & stator could be damaged. I replaced a similar problem in a Grand am with a generic blower that fit, just had to alter wiring harness. As a plus for going that route, the motor was less than half the price of OEM.[/i]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: