O2 heater malfunction is pretty straightforward to diag. It's probably a sensor failure, but could be a wiring failure. What you need to know first, B1S2 is the post-cat O2S and is accessible from under the car. You'll need an ohmmeter/multimeter, and a lift or jack/jackstands/creeper. If you don't have a meter, this one is a good value. I have it, and I use it at home all the time. You can buy it at Walmart for $25 in the automotive section if you want it faster. At work it's Fluke or nothing, but the import meter gets the job done fine. You know techs, all about the glamour tools...
Start with the car cold. 70ºF/20C is ideal, but whatever room temp is that's fine. Just don't start with it hot because the readings won't be right when we get to using that meter and you could burn yourself and that sucks.
1. First things first, check the fuse in the dist block next to the battery. Pretty sure it's marked O2 on the chart. Since you don't have P0135 set, it's probably good. Fuse good? Move on. Fuse bad? Good times.
2. Block the rear tires, jack and support the vehicle. Don't be a statistic, use a good jack and jackstands. Grab as much light as you can, and your creeper and meter, and get under there. Cardboard is cool too if you don't have a creeper and don't want to buy one.
3. Inspect B1S2 HO2S. It lives in the evil U-bend behind the cat. Is it intact, and does the wiring look normal? Use your smartphone and take a photo if you're not sure. Repair/replace as needed.
4. Unplug B1S2 HO2S and turn your meter on to the ohmmeter setting. (Ω) Measure across the heater terminals on the sensor side - the pink and black wire. If your HO2S is aftermarket, color may not match. You should see 2-20Ω resistance. If too high, too low, or if your meter displays OL, replace the sensor.
5. Start the car. Measure for DC voltage () on the car side of the HO2S circuit pink/black wires. You should see 12V. If you don't, test black for ground and pink for V+ separately. Turn off the car. Repair wiring as needed.
That's pretty much it. It's highly likely you have a failed sensor or broken wire.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum