NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - blower motor wont stop running
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

blower motor wont stop running

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamSabz
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject:  blower motor wont stop running Reply with quote

had the air on this morning and when i turned the fan speed down it didnt go down. air, heat all blowing on high speed all the time, no matter what the setting. Then, as i shut the car off i realized the blower motor was still blowing on high after the key was out. I had to remove the blower motor rely to get it off.

Whats the deal? resistor? I replaced the blower motor, resistor and relay all within the past year, so they all can easily be replaced, but whats the problem?
topgun
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject:  blower motor Reply with quote

Not so sure about today, but back in the day the hot wire at the resistor would melt and cause a short. Sounds like you have a short to live. Check the resistor wiring. Cool

05imp
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Ford Ranger
2007 Ford Explorer
2008 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Had the same thing happen.
replaced the blower module and all was well.
jmakinen
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

x2 on the blower module. Mine did the same thing, and that was the fix. I can't find the thread showing what the blower module looks like, but it's right next to your blower motor. I removed the blower motor to make removing the module easier. Use this to get you started- http://impalahq.naioa.com/index2.html

Mine failed because of rainwater constantly leaking on it. Does your passenger floor get wet after a rainstorm? Even if it doesn't, I highly recommend this fix because it's only 4 dollars & comes from the factory- http://www.naioa.com/v2/module.....mp;t=31094

Each job shouldn't take more than a half hour once you have the proper tools. The blower module & the cabin air leak part can both only be ordered from the stealership. Or PM Z-spot if you can wait a little bit for a better price.

Jimi Hendrix wrote:
I've got my own world to live through, and I ain't gonna copy you.
05imp
Senior Level
Senior Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Ford Ranger
2007 Ford Explorer
2008 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

if you look at the blower motor from the pass floor its just to the lower left
AdamSabz
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

update: yep, it was the resistor. went bad within 6 months. But! i replaced it (it was covered under part warranty) and just yesterday the SAME thing happened again. Motor runs constantly even when car is off, resistor is shot AGAIN. any idea why this keeps happening? fyi i dont get any water inside pass. floor, i got the plastic piece from the dealer to re-route water at cabin air filter.
05imp
Senior Level
Senior Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Ford Ranger
2007 Ford Explorer
2008 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sounds like a short somewhere.
Or very bad luck with modules
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: