NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Drivers Door Bent and Water Leaks
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Drivers Door Bent and Water Leaks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2001Ls
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.23

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:15 pm    Post subject:  Drivers Door Bent and Water Leaks Reply with quote

My keys were locked in, they pried my drivers door open and got them out. Now when it rains water comes through my drivers side door from the top. The aligment is off on the drivers side door, the metal itsself is bent. Does anybody have ideas or pointers on bending the door back so it doesn't leak anymore? Thanks.

2001 Impala LS 81k as of Nov,2011
3.8 V6 3800 Series 2
2008BlueImpalaLTZ
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject:  Re: Drivers Door Bent and Water Leaks Reply with quote

2001Ls wrote:
My keys were locked in, they pried my drivers door open and got them out. Now when it rains water comes through my drivers side door from the top. The aligment is off on the drivers side door, the metal itsself is bent. Does anybody have ideas or pointers on bending the door back so it doesn't leak anymore? Thanks.

"they" should repair the car.

Why did you let someone bend your car door window frame?
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.95

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject:  Re: Drivers Door Bent and Water Leaks Reply with quote

2008BlueImpalaLTZ wrote:
2001Ls wrote:

"they" should repair the car.

Why did you let someone bend your car door window frame?

No s**t, why did you let them do that?

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
VictoryRed09
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about the damage.

I presume the Window Frame is bent outward.

Get a 2x4 or 4x4 block of wood about 2 foot long and place it in the lower door jam area in an upright position. get it where it won't flip out and won't bust the interior door panel. ( cut the wood if needed ) then with the door pushed up tight to the block of wood. Then Press in on the upper window Frame a little at a time and check after each try for fit. You don't want to over do it and bend it too far in, or collapes it all together.

Watch your hands, If the wood slips, and the door slams shut with your fingers on the inside edge. you will need some one else to open the door to get you free. ( not good on the fingers..)

Or take it to a local body shop and ask if they can bend it back for a small charge.
UseAsDirected
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.04

2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Is it bent badly enough that the metal creased? If it is I'd have a pro do it...
2001Ls
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.23

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips. Its not visibly crunched, it is just not aligned

2001 Impala LS 81k as of Nov,2011
3.8 V6 3800 Series 2
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My buddy locked his keys in his Monte Carlo once and after bending the window frame out to unlock to the doors, he man-handled it just with his bare hands until it sealed well. All he did was leave the window completely down while he did it.

He does own a Monte Carlo, so the longer doors may make his frames a little more flexible, but his bent so easily I'd bet that you could do the same with yours. He's not a big guy, so you don't need to be the incredible hulk to do it.

Open window, open door, bend as needed, reclose door and window, test watertightness with hose. Redo if needed.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: