NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Car wont start P1626
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Car wont start P1626
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.8

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:29 pm    Post subject:  Car wont start P1626 Reply with quote

my car has been in the body shop and they been calling me telling me my car would start but wont stay running and shut off. Now the car wont start at all and im getting a p1626 code from my aeroforce gauge. I replaced the battery and still nothing. I have an overkill pcm with the relearn process set to 5 sec. Also my postitive battery cable wires and negative wires look like this......

Could bad wiring cause me to get the code and no turn over?

Mods: 3.0 MPS | Gen V | N* TB | LQ4 MAF | 130# Springs | XP Cam | |Stage 3 Ported Heads| Roller Master Double Timing Set | CAI | PRJ Wires | AL104 | Speed Daddy Headers | EGR Delete | ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler | 42lb Injectors |
13.4 @ 106

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3183434
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Absolutely. I wouldn't believe any codes or other conditions you experience until you replace that cable. I wouldn't even attempt to drive the car without replacing it. Leave them disconnected until you can replace it.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ok i will go to the junkyard tomorrow and get a replacement for them. I have been trying to start the car for the last 2 days and it will crank but either wont crank all the way or wont turn over.

Mods: 3.0 MPS | Gen V | N* TB | LQ4 MAF | 130# Springs | XP Cam | |Stage 3 Ported Heads| Roller Master Double Timing Set | CAI | PRJ Wires | AL104 | Speed Daddy Headers | EGR Delete | ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler | 42lb Injectors |
13.4 @ 106

bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Did the car get hit on that side? There is alot of stuff on that side,fusebox,wire harness. Is the security light flashing? You better dig deeper.IMO

GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes it did. I checked all the wiring and the cable terminals were all i seen that were damaged like that. I went to the junkyard today and got new terminal connections from another car and installed it already. but as i was tightening the alternator connection from the new terminal wires, i accidentally over tightened the bolt and broke the piece from my alternator and now i need a new alternator smh. Im currently waiting on a friend to bring me his extra alternator so i can install it and see if the car will now start.

I had thought the security light was on but it turns out that the security light.....then red battery light pattern when the key is in the on was normal.

13.4 @ 106

bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thats sucks...Check all the relays in the fuse box,and maybe a key relearn may have to be done. What about the shop that did the work? No help from them? If insurance paid for the work get on there case.

GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I checked EVERYTHING from fuses to relays. My pcm is tuned to have a relearn done in 6 seconds once.

Heres a video of what the cars is doing

http://s298.photobucket.com/al.....111756.mp4

13.4 @ 106

PBnj
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.13

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

When you find the problem, you're probably gonna kick yourself for not thinking of it... maybe its your front SS bumper that's giving you problems, have you thought about switching w/ me?
GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Taking it to a shop later today. Ive tried everything to my 3800 knowledge and it hasnt fixed nothing. Ive never came across this problem ever before not even on any of my friends 3800/3400 cars. smh. I tried everything from changing fuses, changing relays, replacing battery terminal wires, replacing starter. Not one engine code is popping up. Im giving up.

13.4 @ 106

PBnj
Dedicated
Dedicated

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Could also be a grounding issue... looking at your old wires, it looks like they were stetched.. have you tried following your battery wires all the way back?
GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes i replaced the entire battery terminal in the top pic.

13.4 @ 106

PBnj
Dedicated
Dedicated

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Have you checked the vaccuum lines for any leaks, the FPR or TPS?
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You mentioned the car was in the body shop. What exactly happened that caused the car to end up in the shop? Was this an issue before it went into the shop?

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PBnj wrote:
Have you checked the vaccuum lines for any leaks, the FPR or TPS?

Yes i checked them but they all looked fine. The weird thing is my boost gauge i have hooked up on the inside of the car never moves when i turn the key to on or try to start the car. It always sits at 0 which it never used to do. Before whenever i would turn the key to acc the boost gauge would go to the negatives below 0.

I was in a fender bender with a damn taxi on my passenger side. The car was still starting fine even after the accident. The shop called me saying the car would start but would cut off. I even went there and seen it for that for myself but wasnt worrying about it because i wanted it out the body shop before i tried to figure out why it was cutting off. Then the car just wouldnt wanna turn over now.

13.4 @ 106

Tizzle625
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2008 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Try checking the cables, that run to your starter... Back when I had my 3400 my car sometimes wouldn't start and would cut off while sitting in traffic... I replaced batteries, alternators, fuse, etc. turned out to be a ground wire, and a stripped screw on the starter. Rolling Eyes Good luck, hope you find a fix soon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: