NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - a/c problems 2000 monte ss help or ideas please
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

a/c problems 2000 monte ss help or ideas please

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
financethis
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:34 am    Post subject:  a/c problems 2000 monte ss help or ideas please Reply with quote

the a/c compressor kicks on when a/c is turned on, the fans and blowers work.
it seems to have the correct amount of R134. BUT no cool air comes out. i checked all the fuses and those where fine and the relay and that seems to be fine, it reads about 25 to 27 lbs when the compressor is on and cycles down some. but again no cold air. this eveing it was about 80 degrees and the air coming out at the vent when the a/c is turned on also is 80's. when i slide the dual climate up to hot it gets hotter like normal. any ideas and tips or something else i should check. i wonder if the climate control has failed in some way? by the way i just bought the car. i was told it worked fine last summer.

also blower fan wroks on all 5 levels

financethis
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i think it may be this....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevy-.....mp;vxp=mtr

anyone ever replace the AC Fan Air Vent Blend Door Actuator?

Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.31

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Take it to a pro. AC work is not for amateurs.

70_Malibu
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

As long as your AC is on, pumping and filled at pressure with a correct ratio of juice, something should be cold. Check the lines. Maybe the condenser's clogged internally or externally and needs replacing too.

If nothing's cold it may be your compressor.

Your actuator doors are just that. They control where the air goes. Not if it gets cold.

http://autorepair.about.com/od.....rks_ac.htm

Bond32

Posts per day: 0.01

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The blend door actuator is at your right leg in the center console area under the radio. To get to it is very difficult, but it is 2 screws and an electrical connector. If you replace it make sure you put the switch to full cold or full hot.

I just replaced mine and my driver side still blows warmer air than the pass side. Still looking around to troubleshoot mine.
zero

Posts per day: 0.01

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I would check the temperature sliders on the control panel as well. I just went through this a couple of times, I screwed up a slider changing bulbs in the HVAC panel, twice. The second time I did it, that particular slider would would blow room temperature air at it's full cold setting. It would go warmer in hot, but it would never get 'cold'. Everyone tells you right off the bat it's the blend door actuator, and it may be, but it is far easier to check the sliders first to at least rule that out. Just my .02 from my recent experience. Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: