NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - New 2012 Impala LTZ?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

New 2012 Impala LTZ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ptrfair
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.14

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject:  New 2012 Impala LTZ? Reply with quote

Im trying to combine the fuel efficency of my 2003 impala, and the comfort of my 2007 SS, and I am starting with the new Impala LTZ because I like the body style still (Although ancient), i like it.

I was waiting for the new redesigned Impala, however, the 2003 needs some Tires and a few other small things, which all adds up to $1500 that I do not want to spend unless it makes the most sense. Plus, the lack of power does blow.

So this is more of an open ended " please give your opinions" question.

The 2012 Impala, which is fast, and pretty much my SS with a V6? Same payment as the SS?
A 2012 Chrysler 300 Base with the 8 Speed? (Same price as fully loaded LTZ)

Or: Throw tires on the old girl and deal with it until a hub falls off again? Laughing
Im still attached to the SS. So, Im hesitant and want to do homework.

2007 Impala SS - 75k
2009 Acura TL - 25k - Its nice Smile
2003 Impala 3400 - Gone, Still in the family
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.65

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The LTZ will still be a little slower than the SS. Not that you're buying it to race. Unless they're deeply discounting the Impala a loaded LTZ isn't worth the price they ask. maybe you can get a good price on the LTZ. You should buy what you want but I would go with the 300 hands down if it were my money.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.32

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The Impala is the worst value in domestic cars today. It's old and tired, overpriced and if it's your definition of fast, I'm sorry for you. Comparing a loaded Impala to a base 300 is like comparing herpes to a kitten.

Lysol106
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1978 Chevrolet Impala
1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Base 300. /Thread

2007 Impala LT3
2006 Chrysler 300c
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.64

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Given that the 2012 Impala is the oldest new car on the road, I'd say forget about it and get a 300 or hold out for the new Impala.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
TSS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.56

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Have to agree - except, if you just LOVE the car and body style, I am seeing HUGE discounts at my dealer. Not confirmed, but also see claims of getting new 2012s (nicely equipped LTs) for 18,500 (excluding tax/title) with disounts/rebates/owner loyalty etc. So ONLY if you love the car would I do it. Otherwise based 300 or base Taurus (not sure on the price on these though) IMO.

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
Dan
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.32

1991 Jeep Cherokee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

There has to be a better way to spend $18,500. You could buy a whole city block in Detroit.

ptrfair
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.14

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Heres the deal. Let me clarify, my SS is a fast car. Hands down period.
the LTZ isnt bad for a v6, and I told the dealer outright, not to steal iffy's words, but the Impala is the oldest new car on the road. lol Laughing

Im thinking the 300 Limited. Im also considering waiting for the new Impy.
They have to do something, otherwise Chevy should get out of the large sedan market.

2007 Impala SS - 75k
2009 Acura TL - 25k - Its nice Smile
2003 Impala 3400 - Gone, Still in the family
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.99

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
Given that the 2012 Impala is the oldest new car on the road, I'd say forget about it and get a 300 or hold out for the new Impala.

Holds no merit. It will still get you from A to B and haul your kids to soccer practice. The argument is getting old.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
outonthetiles
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.27

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm with pushrodpower on this....

But on the other hand, the only thing that would make me nervous about the 2012 Impala is the fact that it is a one year only drivetrain in this platform. Availability and price of parts may reflect this down the road.

2000 Impala LS: Getrag 284 Swapped
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
IffyG wrote:

Holds no merit. It will still get you from A to B and haul your kids to soccer practice. The argument is getting old.

The only thing getting old is people getting butt hurt every time someone doesn't recommend the Impala when someone is looking to buy a new vehicle. Is it A to B transportation? Absolutely. But so is a $10k Nissan Versa. Remember, he's not looking at picking up an older used Impala for cheap, he's looking at a brand new fully loaded LTZ which is a $32k car, that doesn't even have features like navigation that can be had on compact cars. I think people should buy what they WANT. If he WANTS the Impala, then sure, get one. However, anyone not bias towards the Impala who would buy one regardless of it's merits would be hard pressed to recommend the Impala over the 300.

I wouldn't be worried about the drivetrain since that engine is used in everything. That was the whole point in using it to begin with because it's already widely used in many applications so it made no sense to keep manufacturing the 3.5 and 3.9 for one car.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:

Last edited by 20SS07 on Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.64

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
IffyG wrote:

I'm sorry you disagree, but I would find it very hard to shell out 30k+ for a car that is based on a design that is fundamentally 30 years old when a modern replacement is on the way.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.99

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:
IffyG wrote:

The only thing getting old is people getting butt hurt every time someone doesn't recommend the Impala when someone is looking to buy a new vehicle. Is it A to B transportation? Absolutely. But so is a $10k Nissan Versa. Remember, he's not looking at picking up an older used Impala for cheap, he's looking at a brand new fully loaded LTZ which is a $32k car, that doesn't even have features like navigation that can be had on compact cars. I think people should buy what they WANT. If he WANTS the Impala, then sure, get one. However, anyone not bias towards the Impala who would buy one regardless of it's merits would be hard pressed to recommend the Impala over the 300.

I wouldn't be worried about the drivetrain since that engine is used in everything. That was the whole point in using it to begin with because it's already widely used in many applications so it made no sense to keep manufacturing the 3.5 and 3.9 for one car.

Of course this in an Impala forum. Everyones jumped on the bandwagon of hating them. One of the reasons this site is going to hell. I know you'll are just trying too fit in. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
outonthetiles
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.27

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't really have an opinion on the '12 Impala vs. the 300. I've never been in the position to buy a new car, nor have I wanted to. I think for me it would be whichever I could get cheaper, and with a better warranty, because isn't a good warranty pretty much the only reason to buy a brand new car?

You can get a MINT 7th gen for like 4-6k, and have a reliable comfortable car that is cheap and easy to fix. Stick a TomTom to the windshield, and there's your nav.

Sure, the engine/trans combo are used in many cars, that's not the concern.

I'd be more worried about parts that may be specific to the car such as axles and mounts.

2000 Impala LS: Getrag 284 Swapped
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
20SS07 wrote:
PushrodPower wrote:
IffyG wrote:

Of course this in an Impala forum. Everyones jumped on the bandwagon of hating them. One of the reasons this site is going to hell. I know you'll are just trying too fit in. Laughing

Meh, people just get into a position to get a new vehicle, and they move on because there are better options out there. Did I hate my SS? Not at all, it was a solid daily driver that served me well. That was also 5 years ago when I got it, alot of new cars have come along. Some people additionally like myself, like actually have a different car. If someone loves the Impala and wants to keep buying them over and over, that's fine. Personally, I see no purpose in spending money on a new vehicle if you're getting the exact same thing. As much as I love my Tacoma, if I needed to replace it right now, I would not be buying another Tacoma.

It's not jumping on the bandwagon of hate, it's just giving an unbiased opinion on 2 vehicles. In this case the 300 is just the better car, regardless of what forum you're on. Like I said, buy what you WANT, just don't get pissy if others gave moved onto other vehicles and choose to not spend that kind of money on that car when the alternative is much better, and there's also a much better replacement on the way if one were to stick with the Impala.

As far as the TomTom, you're missing the point, He's not buying a $5k car, he's referring to brand new. I'd laugh in the dealers face if i were in the market for a new LTZ and upon questioning why there's no in dash nav the dealer told me to just stick a TomTom to the windshield. It's just the principal in the lack of features in a brand new 32k vehicle. I'd give no argument against buying an older used one.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: