NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Paint chipping off on new valve springs?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Paint chipping off on new valve springs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamSabz
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject:  Paint chipping off on new valve springs? Reply with quote

just picked up some 1.9 yella terra roller rockers for my 2004 impala ss, bought some new 90# LS6 valve springs from ZZP to go with them. They came in today (lightning shipping) and i'm a little concerned with the paint flaking, rubbing, and kind of dusting off. should i clean them in some lacquer before putting them in the car? will just a rinse suffice? i really don't want paint flakes floating around my motor. please let me know what you think.
Tim
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.1

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Never had those painted valve springs, but I've seen them and know which ones you mean. However, you're the first person I've heard of having a problem with the paint coming off? I'd figure they would have powder coated them to avoid that.

Either way, if they're chipping off, you're on the right track to do whatever it takes to get that paint OFF!

The idea of paint chips floating in your engine shouldn't sound too appealing!

If you're not pressed on getting them installed ASAP, I'd call the vendor and ask a few questions...

Also, you can snag a can of duplicolor from any walmart called "paint stripper". It will probably work faster than regular thinner, although you'll still want to clean any residue off with the thinner.

Sold the Impala! Bought a 03 Vue 5 speed stick, then bought a 95 vert! Engine Swapping! (Again!) L67!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: