NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Trying to replace my Armrest Storage container. How do I?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Trying to replace my Armrest Storage container. How do I?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vipershark

Posts per day: 0

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject:  Trying to replace my Armrest Storage container. How do I? Reply with quote

I have a 2002 base model Impala LS.
Long story short, the armrest on my car snapped off of the plastic mount.

I'm okay with going to the junkyard to get a replacement, and it appears that I have two options:

Option 1: Pull the dash, remove the trim panel surrounding the little storage area under the A/C controls, remove the entire center console from the floor (including unbolting the shifter, which I'm not really comfortable with doing), and replacing the entire center section with one that has an intact storage compartment. Of course, this requires finding a replacement that has the same interior color and is in good condition.

Option 2: Pop off the section surrounding the gear shifter, unscrew the storage area from the floor, and replace it with one from another car.

Obviously, I'm going with Option 2 here.

Due to the way that my storage compartment snapped, I was able to successfully remove it but the plastic pieces that connect it onto the center console are still attached.

That being said, here's my problem: What are these, and how do I remove them?

I can get more pictures if you like.
topgun
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:47 am    Post subject:  console storage Reply with quote

to remove just the arm rest part lift it up and remove three screws that hold it on.

To remove the main storage bin remove six screws (four 8mm and two 10 mm head). to get to the front two 8mm remove the cup holder in front and use long extension.
The two round black thingys where the arm rest is attached. try and drill out or use a nail and hammer them through. I just took mine out, and ended up prying that part and where those two black thingys are the mout under there broke (hole split open but no big deal). just dont bother with them when putting it all back together. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: