NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Looking for member
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Looking for member
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bahdeets
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject:  Looking for member Reply with quote

Someone sent me a message about a ls4 swap - my computer took a dump and I lost that information and can not answer the request - I would like to be helpful but don't know who sent me the question. Did someone send Bahdeets a message on an LS4 swap if so - please contact me and I will help you the best I can. I did an LS4 to LS7 swap. Thanks
ShortyDoo
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Nissan Maxima

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm sorry you did a WHAT?!!!??!!

I am in need of pictures and a story sir

LittleRock wrote:

It's just like pulling out. It's very tricky and isnt an exact science, but sometimes you just know.

helldorado wrote:
I can always tell when Wedebrook is around. Smells like sex and shame in here.
bahdeets
Cadet
Cadet

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject:  ls4 to ls7 Reply with quote

I have a '07 Monte that had an LS4 in it. And I swapped it out for an LS7. There are about 700 pictures on the Monte Carlo forum and on the LS1tech forum - I use the same ID. Project started in October '08 and is almost complete. My photos are about a year behind but once you look at them you will get an idea of the project. The tech who was taking pix left about a year ago and the lead mechanic on the project sends me email pix and has not added pix to the links because he doesn't know how. We are trying to get the project done for the Woodward Dream cruise here in the Detroit area. I would send or attach photos here but I do not know how either. When I started this project I needed a daily driver so I bought a new Impala at the time. There is also a video on the car on Dart Machinerys facebook page. That was last year August. Alot of upgrades since. Go take a look.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.63

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It took a bit of digging, but I found the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v.....e=youtu.be

All I have to say is damn, that is a sweet Monte Carlo. I don't even want to know how much time and money went into that. Major props to you for undertaking such a ridiculously awesome project.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
ShortyDoo
Member Level
Member Level

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Nissan Maxima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow that is ridiculous. Good luck going forward like Iffy said that is just awesome ! I can't imagine all the customization that had to be done...definitely not an easy task.

LittleRock wrote:

It's just like pulling out. It's very tricky and isnt an exact science, but sometimes you just know.

helldorado wrote:
bahdeets
Cadet
Cadet

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks, it was and is a major undertaking. Alot has even been done since that video. We got the final dyno numbers just last week 814.8 FWHP and my tranny is holding up with all the upgrades believe it or not. My build sheet is a novel about 40 pages. I just can't wait to bring it home. I love my Impala but there is just something about my Monte I just can't explain if you know what I mean.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bahdeets wrote:
\We got the final dyno numbers just last week 814.8 FWHP and my tranny is holding up with all the upgrades believe it or not.

Umm... what? Shocked That is absolutely insane. What did you have to do to the trans to keep it together with that much power?

Dan wrote:

d
ShortyDoo
Member Level
Member Level

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Nissan Maxima

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
bahdeets wrote:
\We got the final dyno numbers just last week 814.8 FWHP and my tranny is holding up with all the upgrades believe it or not.

Umm... what? Shocked That is absolutely insane. What did you have to do to the trans to keep it together with that much power?

How do you even hook that much power to the front wheels...thats like a mini burnout at every stop light...i need to go change my pants and grab the pine sol

LittleRock wrote:

helldorado wrote:
bahdeets
Cadet
Cadet

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just some of the upgrades to the tranny are - wave plates were all removed and replaced with friction discs. That's approximately 13% more holding power minimum. 9310 Aircraft quality planetary washers. 4th gear is one piece billet 4340 prehard alloy. Line pressure up to 350 from 250 increases holding pressure. Friction discs replaced with racing discs. All parts either dyna blued - a case hardening to 65 RC or better or cryro'd. 300M input shaft and oil pump shaft. Just some of the upgrades - there are more details in the links with my pictures. Meziere billet flexplate, billet torque converter by Hughes - and a GM Performance 1" racing chain and gears they use on their 1100hp Ecotech. And I almost forgot the Torsen Limited slip differential GM Performance recommends for the 4T65E
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.99

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:52 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Please get the photographs up as soon as you can. Twisted Evil

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
bahdeets
Cadet
Cadet

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject:  Photos Reply with quote

Pushrod: You are going to have to find the pix that are already posted on the other two forums. I have no idea how to post pix, it was done for me and my tech is no longer doing it. Sorry
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I found something. https://plus.google.com/photos.....banner=pwa

Looks like some discussion happened in this thread: http://ls1tech.com/forums/ls4-.....carlo.html

Dan wrote:

d
Joe67
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.05

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That is pretty sweet! Finally, FWD Monte Carlo worth owning Cool

helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.55

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That's a hell of an engine and transmission build. Kudos to the techs who did the work, it looks like really well done work, especially with all the custom fabrication. And to you for sticking through it to completion, seen a lot of people take on big builds and have to bail before completion due to funding or frustration of time and build issues.

The only thing I find to be a bit of a misnomer is the kompressor badging, MB only used that on their supercharged engines, so when I see it, I think supercharged, not turbocharged.

Bill58
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.2

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Car's been in Hot Rod magazine.

"Sideways in a Monte Carlo
Old-school gearheads may not take front-wheel-drive kindly, but nowadays some wrong-drive late-models even have a V8s albeit transverse mounted. Sam Buscemi's '07 Monte Carlo came stock with a 5.3L LS-series V8. "I always liked the body style. I have family associated with GM, and I just wanted to do something different," Sam says. And how: Poised to terrorize the streets of Sterling Heights, Michigan, will be a transverse-mounted 427 LS7-style motor, destroked to 409 to kill some of the torque and preserve the front-driver 4T65E transaxle. That's courtesy of car and engine builder Matt Snell of Paul's Automotive in Salt Lake City, Utah, a full-service repair, high-perf, and tuner shop. The block is a one-off Dart aluminum casting special-ordered with the GM metric bellhousing to mate seamlessly with the trans.
Project Cars

Destroked as it is, the engine—with its World Products LS7X heads, Billet Fabrication intake, GT42R Garrett turbo, and Jardine Header Palace exhaust—still makes more than 800 hp at the front wheels, with 600 lb-ft on tap from 3,200 to 5,700 rpm. Matt says, "We've already broken the tranny once, but after serious beef-up, we're close to making it last. It's the torque that kills them." Thankfully, Sam's in the metal business; he had enough pull to get a $2,000, one-piece, high-alloy-steel, Fourth gear clutch made to replace the spindly, OE, two-piece-stamped, pressed-together unit. More friction discs, higher internal pressures, a billet converter, and lots of torque management dialed in to the ECU help, too. GM Performance Parts came to the rescue with its racing drivechain that couples the trans with the 3.42:1 GMPP limited-slip diff.

"Mash the throttle and it feels like driving in the snow on hard asphalt." —Matt Snell

Read more: http://www.hotrod.com/featured.....z1wg8wl7CC"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: