Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:59 pm Post subject: 2004 Impala with FRUSTRATING vibration or Missing issue
OK, where do I begin... First I'd like to express how glad I am that I finally found a worthwhile new Impala community. I have been looking for a forum like your for some time now. So let me start with a thanks....
Now for what I have already done to try and fix the problem
* New plugs approx 15,000 miles ago and checked them during the intake gasket replacement a few days ago and they looked very good. No visible signs of need to replace.
* New motor and tranny mounts approx 2500.00 miles ago
* New wheel bearing/hub assemblies and new brake rotors
* New axles less then 500 miles ago with no effect
* Replaced rubber exhaust hangers with new and inspected cat
* New lower control arms less then 400 miles ago
* Complete tranny service and replacement of the PCS by a GM tech who says it looks like new inside with no sediment in the filter. 2000 miles ago (The tech did not think it was tranny related but it didn't act up really bad for his drive.
New intake gaskets less then 200 miles ago due to leaking oil and coolant
NON of this work has changed the way the vibration feels or slowed it progression.
I am at the end of the rope here. I would sell the car except the vibration is too bad to demo it and i have dumped a ton of money into a car not worth $3K to sell.
ANY and all help is appreciated
Last edited by norcalRPM on Fri May 11, 2012 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum