NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Lookin to buy a new Car (Or Truck)... Not sure yet...
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Lookin to buy a new Car (Or Truck)... Not sure yet...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Domo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
2005 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject:  Lookin to buy a new Car (Or Truck)... Not sure yet... Reply with quote

Well after my beautiful Brandi was totaled I figured I would wait a while before looking...

Its been 2 months.. and im itching like crazy LOL

So My Daughters have spoken and they want dad to get a truck. Ive been looking at Tahoes, but my budget is 7k... and from what i see they usually go for 8-9k.

Found some in the 5-6K range (But with mileage of 150k and up) but im wondering does anyone on the forum have any experiences with them so i can know what to look out for when im test driving? any major weaknesses? Costly Repairs? (like the Intake Caskets on the 3.8) Im not going to be doing alot of driving since I mainly take public transportation to work during the week so It will be mostly driven on weekends besides the occasional store run during the week.

I do run into on occasion of me having to be Uncle Domo and having to take my sisters kids on the weekends as well so space is a little important.

and if u suggest a minivan, ill shoot you. LOL

But I am open to other suggestions outside of chevy products as well.
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My dad has a 02 z71 suburban (sport package) and after 130k he has had countless problems. Depending on year, chevy SUVs in general start to s**t out rather early, but there are some that can go the distance.

In the past 2 years, my dad has spend probably 2-3k in maintaining the car. Hes about fed up with it.

On the side note, if you can find a well taken care of vehicle and see maintenance performed on the car, then its your call.

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
chibiblacksheep
Member Level
Member Level

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2007 Chevrolet Impala
1968 Chevrolet Camaro
2013 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

gg05impala wrote:
On the side note, I might know one for you Wink

Fixed that for ya Laughing

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It just depends on how much space is enough space. I'm still shopping Imprezas and they do have quite a bit of room for a smallish car, but it might not be suitable for you. I'm looking for enough room for the wife and baby, and the associated baby stuff, stroller/playpen/bags/etc.

If you're dragging around 2 of your own kids plus one or two others, you might need extra cargo space if you plan on taking trips or lot of bags and such.

Best way to find out is to test drive Very Happy

7k is a pretty slim budget if you're looking for a reliable, cheap SUV or crewcab truck.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.64

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Don't know much about newer ones. I know the ones from the 90s seemed pretty bullet proof. Know quite a few people with some with over 200k miles. A buddy of mines dad had a 94 Suburban with nearly 300k and it was still running strong, only got rid of it because the tailgate rusted through.

I'd check out some older 4Runners.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

chibiblacksheep wrote:
gg05impala wrote:

THIS^ he'll sell it 6200 with a detail preformed by me included Laughing thats like a priceless value thats included dude Cool

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Domo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

gg05impala wrote:
chibiblacksheep wrote:
gg05impala wrote:

THIS^ he'll sell it 6200 with a detail preformed by me included Laughing thats like a priceless value thats included dude Cool

LOL!!!! Good Pitch! Idk about burbans. I drove one a few times and I felt like I was going to clip someone's front end every time i merged and had to keep driving around looking for parking cause it was long as hell.

I Know its a slim budget,(not for a car tho..lol) thats why im looking at the market to see if i need to go up higher or just look into a sedan and tell my 6 year olds they will live. LOL

Ill Look into the older market Too. Might have some better luck vs the newer ones.
jgilius
Uber
Uber
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.3

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

tell the girls in 10 years or so they can make the decisions in the family..... their own. LOL this coming from a guy who bought a car with a large, flat flip and fold rear seat to accommodate greyhounds, LOL enjoy the hunt! peace, john

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

john, that would make them around 16, lets not condone anything here Laughing

Domo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

LOL Thanks! Yeah I dunno if I want 16 y.o. decision making skills... Especially thinking about the things I wanted at 16 LOL

I tell them all the time tho that they can do what they want whenever they move out, get they own place and pay their own bills. LOL until then, its my rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: