NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Correct KYB 'quickstruts' to get SS-like suspension on base?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Correct KYB 'quickstruts' to get SS-like suspension on base?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coolraptor

Posts per day: 0.01

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1995 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:13 am    Post subject:  Correct KYB 'quickstruts' to get SS-like suspension on base? Reply with quote

(I have searched, couldnt find a definite answer to this question)

Hey fellas, have a 2000 base model(NOT lowered, stock 16inch wheels) that is getting some much deserved repairs/upgrades.
She has just shy of 160k miles, and its time for brakes front+rear again. Iam going to replace struts front & rear also at the same time since they are factory, although not leaking or rusted.

Wondering if these: http://www.summitracing.com/pa.....query=Year|2004|Make|CHEVROLET|Model|IMPALA|Submodel|SS

are what I need to convert to 04 Impala SS suspension? Dont get me wrong, love the soft ride of my base, but wouldnt mind a bit sportier suspension since my work + where I live takes me down hours of twisty roads every few days.
Monroe quickstruts at every parts store around here are $250+ each. Summit seems to have MUCH better prices even on the monroe parts, but ive always read that KYB is the way to go with our w-body cars.

Basicaly wondering if ordering 04 impala SS quickstruts are all that is required to get the slightly stiffer suspension that comes factory on the SS models.

I will be going with the GMPP Handling kit w/ rear STB also since Ive heard nothing but good about taking the time to do the rear STB on these cars. Ive read that the rear STB is a pain because you have to drill holes to mount it, but also read that some brackets exist that eliminate the need to drill holes????

Already have F-body brakes +SS lines to go on with the struts. Wanting to just do everything at once.
Any suggestions for other mods while iam there? Whats this I hear about newer stock replacement trailing arms being better than what ours came with? Worth it?
Thinking about a huge plow for the front to shove the deer outta my way also Evil or Very Mad

Thanks for any/all replies!!!

2000 Maroon Impala 3.4 3500 top swap, 42ln injectors, egr delete, Milzy catless downpipe, 2.5inch exhaust,LS1 Lifter spring upgrade, Overkill tune (setup for rear mount turbo not yet finished), HD trans upgrade, shift kit, ls1 camaro front brakes, gr2 struts, stainless braided brake lines, strut tower braces, Don Rome brackets.
1995 Camaro~388 Stroker, turbo, 6speed, Drag car.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: