NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Flashing Seatbelt Light
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Flashing Seatbelt Light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blacknome
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.1

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Astro
1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject:  Flashing Seatbelt Light Reply with quote

seems very strange but the seatbelt light in Wifeys '03 Imp tends to keep flashing or stays on solid even though its clearly buckled. I checked the connection under the seat and all looks good.

Any suggestions short of black tape over the annoying flashing red indicator ?
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

make sure the all connections under your seat are firmly in their recepticles. Reseat the connectors if necessary. That would be the first thing I would check.

RIP 10/23/2010, 191,197 miles - traded on a 2003 Tahoe Z71
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Agree: unplug and reseat the connector. If there is a sensor on the passenger seat too, then reseat that connection as well.

DO NOT add dielectric grease to the connector.

Despite (what seems to be ) popular belief by idiots everywhere, dielectric grease isn't conductive: it won't improve the connection.

Just wanted to throw this out here in advance. I doubt anyone here would be foolish enough to suggest it, but people trying to troubleshoot their cars end up asking me what's gone wrong and they seem to like adding this crap to their connectors, plugs, etc when things go awry in an attempt to fix it.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
blacknome
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.1

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Astro
1984 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I unplugged the connector and both ends looked good , wires look to be in good shape ( no chafing ). Its an intermittant problem which only seems to happen about 90% of the time you drive the car. I just wonder how to test the seat belt buckle itself to see if there is a connection problem, maybe a worn wire or something from 9 years of buckling up.
Arvetus
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If it's not the connector, it may be the switch itself. I don't think it's replaceable. You may have to go to a junkyard or have the dealer order you a new buckle receptacle. I don't recall right off if they anchor to the seat frame or to the floor.

PM ZSpot, who is a member here. He can probably look up the part number for you and get it shipped to you at reasonable cost if that's what is needed.

RIP 10/23/2010, 191,197 miles - traded on a 2003 Tahoe Z71
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: