NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Elbrus wheels?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Elbrus wheels?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:49 pm    Post subject:  Elbrus wheels? Reply with quote

Has anyone ever bought a set of them? Are they a good wheel? I was looking at the io4's but cant find any 18's with 5x115 pattern so Ive been looking at their io6's black machined with ice coating I think those will look good on my car. Any opinions?

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important
outonthetiles
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.27

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

They kinda look like AMG wheels..

2000 Impala LS: Getrag 284 Swapped
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I guess they do. Is there something wrong with that? I think the io4's would look better but I cant find the right size

I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important
outonthetiles
Member Level
Member Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No, nothing wrong with that, I love AMG wheels..

If you search google images for elbrus i04, there's a pic with a monte wearing them, so I would assume they make them in the right size..

Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ya there is a 2000 or so grand prix with them and i believe your talking about the red 07ish monte ss right? Ive looked all over and no one has them in either 18 or the right bolt pattern. The more and more I see the io6 the more it grows on me so might get those instead...

outonthetiles
Member Level
Member Level

2000 Chevrolet Impala
1990 Volvo 240
2000 Buick Regal

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Na, it was a silver 2000.

I like the i06 better as well, the i04's look kinda cheap.

Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ya ill probly end up going with the io6's have you or anyone you know bought wheels and tires from tire rack? Ive heard horror stories about them shipping wheels and getting them scratched up. Probly order the wheels and get the tires around here some where.

Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.58

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Scotty455 wrote:
Ya ill probly end up going with the io6's have you or anyone you know bought wheels and tires from tire rack? Ive heard horror stories about them shipping wheels and getting them scratched up. Probly order the wheels and get the tires around here some where.

Ive bought a few sets of wheels and tires from tirerack and have never had a problem. If I have 1 complaint, it was a pain getting through all the packing they did have on each. They prob ship thousands of sets of wheels a week and if they were as bad as you think, the complaints would be much more wide spread than a few isolated incidents. Sounds like the carrier screwed them up.

Another set of wheels and tires will be bought through them within a week by someone in my family, no hesitation doing so.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ok makes me more comfortable buying from them. Do you buy wheels amd tires together from them or would you recommend buying tires locally and install later?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: