NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - GM Unveils the all new 2014 Impala
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

GM Unveils the all new 2014 Impala
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave_N

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow, I can't believe GM is finally Japanesing the Impala, which at one time was an American muscle car legend. But I guess that's what the average consumer wants these days, smaller cars and lower fuel consumption. But damn, I tested the 2.4L ecotec engine in the Terrain and does it ever suck. At least they will continue offering the 3.6L V6 engine for us guys and gals who need more power.

If GM offered the 3.6L V6 on a rear wheel drive platform, it could probably outperform the Charger. Bring back the Monte Carlo GM!
TSS
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.55

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:54 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Dave_N wrote:

If GM offered the 3.6L V6 on a rear wheel drive platform, it could probably outperform the Charger.

You mean like the CTS?

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.95

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

TSS wrote:
Dave_N wrote:

If GM offered the 3.6L V6 on a rear wheel drive platform, it could probably outperform the Charger.

You mean like the CTS?

The Camaro too. I know it's not a sedan, but it sure as hell weighs as much. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.6

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ATS will have it as well not to mention the Chevy SS will likely have it as a base engine.

Also this new car is bigger than the current one not sure how that's "Japanesing"by going smaller. How big of a car is this supposed to be?

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Dave_N wrote:
...which at one time was an American muscle car legend...

Think you confused the Impala with the Chevelle

Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Nissan Maxima

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If you were driving something like oooh lets say the VW Bug the impala would definitely be considered a legendary muscle car

LittleRock wrote:

It's just like pulling out. It's very tricky and isnt an exact science, but sometimes you just know.

helldorado wrote:
I can always tell when Wedebrook is around. Smells like sex and shame in here.
Daudy2010

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Oh yes !  Reply with quote

Doesnt look bad to me. the interior is probably the best part about it. obviously they are trying to do what every other company is doing in terms of copying the audi style fogs. all in all it is sleek and better than the 06+ which in my opinion lacks body style. they need a ss model though for those of us who treat the impala the way it should be...... yes the ltz is a v6 with 303hp? but they need that one extra model that shows its true power! Laughing
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Oh yes !  Reply with quote

Daudy2010 wrote:
Doesnt look bad to me. the interior is probably the best part about it. obviously they are trying to do what every other company is doing in terms of copying the audi style fogs. all in all it is sleek and better than the 06+ which in my opinion lacks body style. they need a ss model though for those of us who treat the impala the way it should be...... yes the ltz is a v6 with 303hp? but they need that one extra model that shows its true power! Laughing

That's what the RWD Chevy SS will be for.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jayroca
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.16

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I feel the whole rwd situation that people want in the impala will not happen maybe awd version but rwd not likely we havent seen a rwd impala in 17 years and counting and i just dont feel like it will happen any soon But for GM to try to get it out the fleet circuit is odd i work for the government and that is all i see lets not forget the rental sales around the country but hopefully the impala can compete with the competition that GM is targeting i wont be buying one but it would be interesting to see the outcome

Daudy2010

Posts per day: 0

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:07 am    Post subject: Oh yes !  Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:
Daudy2010 wrote:

Ahhh that explains it! Did they come out with performance specs or what engine they are gonna use yet?
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Oh yes !  Reply with quote

Daudy2010 wrote:
20SS07 wrote:
Daudy2010 wrote:

Ahhh that explains it! Did they come out with performance specs or what engine they are gonna use yet?

Nope just speculation. Should be generally the same as what the G8 was since it is essentially the same car, just based on the refreshed Holden Commodore coming out. Probably have the 3.6L V6 as the base option and then the 6.2L LS3.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

and will be prices way out of market with outrageous dealer upcharges due to its long coming.

Remember all those people who bought the PT Cruiser or the Camaro or the Prowler at WAY above sticker because they HAD to have the first model year?

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
2005 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
and will be prices way out of market with outrageous dealer upcharges due to its long coming.

Remember all those people who bought the PT Cruiser or the Camaro or the Prowler at WAY above sticker because they HAD to have the first model year?

Aww man! those PT Cruisers are HORRIBLE! My brother got stuck with one, and when i got in it for the first time, i said " this is nothing but a neon with an open trunk!" LOL
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.31

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:

At least the Prowler was unique. I've ridden in one before and it was super-comfortable, and a total attention grabber. The Camaro is fat, and even if the newer, higher-up models handle and compare well to the Mustang, they could still do with a little less size and a lot less weight. How did the PT Cruiser get in here? Upside-down bathtub on wheels.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.95

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Domo wrote:
Pitch Black SS wrote:

Aww man! those PT Cruisers are HORRIBLE! My brother got stuck with one, and when i got in it for the first time, i said " this is nothing but a neon with an open trunk!" LOL

Wasn't the PT Cruiser based on the Neon platform or no? I never liked the looks of them. I've never ridden or drove one before so I can't say how it does in that department. Anyway enough about those. Laughing

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: