NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - GM Unveils the all new 2014 Impala
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

GM Unveils the all new 2014 Impala
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jayroca
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.17

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I guess hey are tryna keep "draw" people in... It's just looks like everything else to me that's coming out I wont buy one but that's my opinion...

PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 2.1

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:
xxkennynycxx wrote:
If its goint to to be high $30k and just FWD that makes me consider the Ford Taurus SHO a whole lot more for the same price.

All depends on options really. An SHO starts at 39k, however a FWD Taurus Limited which would be equivalent to the Impala LTZ can be optioned all the way up to $42k. So you're kind of comparing a fully loaded lower trim level to a lesser optioned higher trim. Don't get me wrong I'd still take the SHO too. Then again I don't think I'll be in the market for a 4000lb sedan anytime soon.

I agree with helldo on the engine choices too, seems a little odd with 2 4 cyl options. Neither of which seems adequate for a car of this size. If they wanted a 4cyl base engine they should have just went with the 2.0T.

To be honest, it's not meant to be a fast car, just something to get good gas mileage and get you from A to be. A BMW or Mercedes may be more adequate for your guys liking. Or even Audi.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.77

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

PushrodPower wrote:
20SS07 wrote:
xxkennynycxx wrote:
If its goint to to be high $30k and just FWD that makes me consider the Ford Taurus SHO a whole lot more for the same price.

All depends on options really. An SHO starts at 39k, however a FWD Taurus Limited which would be equivalent to the Impala LTZ can be optioned all the way up to $42k. So you're kind of comparing a fully loaded lower trim level to a lesser optioned higher trim. Don't get me wrong I'd still take the SHO too. Then again I don't think I'll be in the market for a 4000lb sedan anytime soon.

I agree with helldo on the engine choices too, seems a little odd with 2 4 cyl options. Neither of which seems adequate for a car of this size. If they wanted a 4cyl base engine they should have just went with the 2.0T.

To be honest, it's not meant to be a fast car, just something to get good gas mileage and get you from A to be. A BMW or Mercedes may be more adequate for your guys liking. Or even Audi.

Point A to B transportation are what compact cars are for. Not cars that will option up into the upper $30k area probably. Besides, it has nothing to do with being fast, it's about having adequate hp for a car of it's size. If it wasn't meant to have power they wouldn't offer a 303hp engine with it. This competes directly with the Ford Taurus and the smallest engine you can get in that is a 2.0T. Since GM already has a great 2.0T motor which would make more sense to offer instead of 2 different NA 4 cyl.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ptrfair
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.15

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's a lot better than one more year of the 06 design. The four cyl will help sell the car to those who do not care about power. Those of us who do, myself included, will probably head over to ford for their engine or keep our SS models. I'd keep my SS and get a new impala as a dd. retire my 03.

I can see why Chevy and gm wants. They want to improve the private market sales of the impala, and the greater market wants a car that can handle expensive gasoline. There's a compromise: more fuel efficiency sacrifices horsepower. We all know that. My point, kudos to gm to try and do something to get tall guys like me into a more fuel efficient car. It will be like my mothers trailblazer. A straight line 6 with no power in a heavy blazer ext. it goes nowhere.

I like it. I wish there was an SS.

2007 Impala SS - 75k
2009 Acura TL - 25k - Its nice Smile
2003 Impala 3400 - Gone, Still in the family
xxkennynycxx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

A down side is since there's no longer a police version GM no longer has to make a performance version of it sadly.

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.81

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The 9C1/9C3 wasn't exactly a performance version in either the 2000-2005 or 2006+ form...

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.45

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

xxkennynycxx wrote:
A down side is since there's no longer a police version GM no longer has to make a performance version of it sadly.

Aside from a different FDR and maybe 1000 bucks worth of stiffer springs and suspension components, the 9c1 doesn't offer better performance than the civilian models...

And I don't think the Police buy many SS models. I know I've never seen an Impala SS on police duty around here.

If you want a sport sedan, look at something from the Caddy lineup. The price is a little higher, but that's how it goes. GM wants to sell this as a volume car, and a V8 or gas-guzzling SS trim is not going to sell in high numbers. The cheaper, more fuel efficient models are going to sell better.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.66

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ptrfair wrote:
There's a compromise: more fuel efficiency sacrifices horsepower.

Not at all. High compression tuning, direct injection, electric non-belt driven engine accessories, start-stop technology, turbocharging, diesel engines, hybrid technology, intelligent transmission design, low rolling resistance tires, low drag-coefficient and most importantly weight reduction all contribute greatly to increased efficiency with zero reduction on power generated by the engine or lost at the wheels. Of this list, electric power steering and direct injection are the only two things I see GM opted for. You can argue the 6 speed auto, but the competition has moved on to 7,8,9 gear transmissions, dual clutch manuals, etc...

And hybrid doesn't mean limp performance for efficiency. A car like the Infiniti M35h makes 360hp, gets 32 mpg hwy, runs a sub 14 second quarter mile and that's in a car weighing over 4100 lbs.

The problem is cost. They increase the cost of the vehicle to implement and I imagine that GM took a lot of maneuvers to keep the costs of the vehicle low to keep the MSRP in-line with current Impala pricing and not create a huge jump that would create a shock in their line-up or hurt their competitiveness in the large car market. Currently, a fully optioned LTZ runs about $32k, I don't expect the new Impala to be more than several thousand above that in the end for a fully loaded model.

IffyG wrote:
I drive past the ass end of an XF every day in the parking garage at work. When I saw the rear shots of the new Impala it immediately reminded me of the XF. No it's not a direct copy, but I see more XF in it than the Sonata or Passat.

I think the fumes of working in this place are getting to you. Laughing

20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.77

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Lingenfelter wrote:
And I don't think the Police buy many SS models. I know I've never seen an Impala SS on police duty around here.

Yea I've only seen one ever myself. A nearby department has a 2006 SS as their K9 car.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
xxkennynycxx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I won't argue that its not really a sports sedan. The link below confirms that it won't have AWD even on the long term. The power train and that steering wheel are the downers for me, other then that I'm warming up to the look and kinda liking the look.

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/0.....et-impala/

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.81

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

helldorado wrote:

I think the fumes of working in this place are getting to you. Laughing

It may just be the grad school induced burnout kicking in...

xxkennynycxx wrote:
The link below confirms that it won't have AWD even on the long term.

I can't say I'm surprised. It's a wise move on GMs part to keep the variants of this platform differentiated so they don't cannibalize each others sales.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Fearless2005
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

(Side note)

I hear GM is working on this.... http://gmauthority.com/blog/20.....-the-3-6l/

I'd imagine this going in the Camaro but Impala maybe??
Jayroca
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.17

2007 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

fearless2005, you have high hopes bro HIGH hopes... Very Happy but i think the Impala will have that engine in a few years when other sedans are producing a v4 engine capable of making 500 horsepower with 48mpg

Fearless2005
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

haha I can dream man!
bchow398
Dedicated
Dedicated

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:40 am    Post subject:  2014 Impala Reply with quote

Number one, I haven't been here in a while. Used to be a die hard frequenter of the site.

My thoughts on the 2014 Impala?

I'm glad that they are finally coming out with something to replace the 06.

It reminds me of how a male cat looks when it is trying to mate. Really narrow on the sides and tall in the middle trying to do something funny looking.

The rear end is too short.

I was hoping that the Impala would be more like a flattened out larger Camaro. It would be just sporty enough but it would be just tame enough to be a large family car.

I have a feeling that this car might end up like the 90s Caprice in the sense that they could change a few body parts or maybe do some kind of body kit conversion and come out with something pretty good.

GM will get it right, and then they will kill it.

Look at the Malibu, its a whole lot better today than it was a few years ago. Maybe the Impala will follow suit.

Go Dodge Charger!!

You can''t piss on what you cant catch!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2014+ General Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: