1) Ignition will not turn. I've had this happen to me several times. I've resolved it by tapping on the ignition key several times. Associated with this is I've noticed that the steering wheel doesn't lock with the key out. Should the steering wheel lock? What is the properly resolution/cost for the ignition switch?
2) Auto dim rear view mirror doesn't appear to work. Is this a known issue with this part? Replacement cost?
3) Driver's seat heater doesn't work. Anyone have an estimated repair cost?
4) Steering noise. This doesn't appear to be a u-joint issue as noted in the sticky. It's more of a fast ratcheting sound on low speed, hard turns when cold. Also the traction control light comes on when this happens. Back off the throttle and it's fine after that. Any idea what the problem is?
5) Transmission seems to slip when shifting. This has happened pretty much since new. Happens on low, slow speed take aways and at speed when accelerating. Downshifts seems to have a lot of hesitation. Initially I figured that it had something to do with power management, but this seems excessive. Under warranty no issue was noted (twice). Transmission service every 25k miles. Any input? (I'll probably just get a performance rebuild at some point).
So thanks for reading this far and thanks for any offered help or advice.
1) I bet your keys are worn out. Do you have a spare key that hasn't been used as much? If you do, I bet that'll work. If not, see if you can get a new key cut by a dealer. If that fails, you can replace the ignition cylinder for around 100 bucks. It's relatively easy.
2) The autodim mechanism will crap out over time. They pop up here from time to time for a reasonable price, but if you PM ZSPOT about it he can tell you what a new one would cost.
3) I have no idea as I don't have heated seats
4) The traction control light suggests that you have an issue with the wheel hub/wheel speed sensor/wheel speed sensor wiring. The noise you are hearing might be the ABS activating. Do you have a scanner that can read ABS codes? If not, pay a visit to a reputable shop and they can help you out.
5) Welcome to the world of W-body transmissions. Mine is back in the shop for a second rebuild as I type this.
Hope this helps.
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum