NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Doors un/lock randomly - possible remote start issue?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Doors un/lock randomly - possible remote start issue?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VTSS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.11

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject:  Doors un/lock randomly - possible remote start issue? Reply with quote

My doors started locking and unlocking randomly while driving, seems to happen when I hit a bump in the road. That leads me to think it is a loose wire somewhere but I found nothing after inspecting the wiring on the remote start system. Bad door switch or wiring?

Here is some info on the remote start I put in last fall. I havent had any problems until today.

Remote start system

Bypass

I mounted the bypass module directly on top of the remote start system, the lock & unlock wires are only about 6" long total, spliced and wrapped in heat shrink.

A problem I am having related to the remote start is "service vehicle soon" light after remote start. If I start the car with the remote, turn the key to on and driver - the light comes on. If I remote start, turn the key to on, hit the brake - "security" blinks once then I can drive without the "service vehicle soon" light.

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.63

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Check out any wiring that you might have changed with the remote start, but don't exclude the possibility of a bad BCM.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Did you unplug the remote start to see if the issue goes away? Try moving the ground to somewhere else? Tap on the unit to see if it screws up?
VTSS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.11

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bigdog60 wrote:
Did you unplug the remote start to see if the issue goes away? Try moving the ground to somewhere else? Tap on the unit to see if it screws up?

I moved the ground recently (after the random locks started) because I had noticed some feedback through the speakers when the head unit is off after installing the remote start. The feedback is still there. I think it may be the remote start module itself or the bypass. When I first installed it the doors would lock right after starting the car, headlights would blink twice when I shut the car off as they should - now neither of those are consistent, sometimes the doors dont lock upon start and the headlights dont blink at all. I will unplug it today and see if the problem is gone.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.63

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If you can rule out the remote start module and bypass, I'm still leaning towards a BCM issue. Electrical oddness is nearly always an issue with a flaky BCM.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: