NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Humount Issues.***fixed***
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Humount Issues.***fixed***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:04 am    Post subject:  Humount Issues.***fixed*** Reply with quote

So I went with the humount for a cleaner look, only problem is I can't get the dash to fit back to normal. I'm not sure if It's a clearance issue or not, but the edges are too wide. and I cant just grind them down to fit. they hold the black impala script plate on. I need to get in there and cover up the back of the lighting bar as well because the light is spreading out. any one else have this issue at all? It's quite noticeable, id say a good 1/4 inch,, Also the wires that it came with were 2" long so I had to add some wire to make it work. I used the power wire instead of connecting it to the dimmer wire, but now I realize i should have just used the dimmer wire as it is pretty bright at night. anybody know what wire color the dimmer wire is? thanks.

Last edited by Jnibbs24 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:37 am; edited 1 time in total
rc10mike
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.11

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No offense, but this seems like a poorly designed, and overpriced HU mount. I looked at the website, and the photo of the Impala the dash looks like yours.

If the piece is really as thick as they say it is, then thats exactly why the dash wont go back on.

My $9 Metra unit works great and gives me a storage space for my bass knobs and phone or whatever. I believe its only about 1/8" thick.

Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 2:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It's actually very.well made, the face is aluminum not plastic. I had the scosche in there with the pocket and i didn't like the look. I'm going to try and fix it today, I believe its a clearance issues after looking at it some more. Afterall I have the steering wheel module,chime retention,rcas,antenna,and each speaker is rewired so there is a lot of crap in the way and next to.none room.

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.57

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You might have to do a bit of surgery in the dash to make things fit. I had to Dremel out some of the extra plastic back there to get everything to fit when I installed my head unit in the Monte Carlo.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
billy101
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.65

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Jnibbs24 wrote:
It's actually very.well made, the face is aluminum not plastic. I had the scosche in there with the pocket and i didn't like the look. I'm going to try and fix it today, I believe its a clearance issues after looking at it some more. Afterall I have the steering wheel module,chime retention,rcas,antenna,and each speaker is rewired so there is a lot of crap in the way and next to.none room.

Sounds like you need to use some zip ties. I have the chime harness, sirius adapter, steering wheel module, 6 sets of RCAs, Antenna all tucked back there with 0 fitment issues. You can also throw a majority of the wires to the left and right side of the pocket and they will just hang there with no problems what-so-ever.

Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

yeah I cut some wires I don't need on the swc module. Found the dimmer wire so the impala script isn't blinding me, I cut a piece of plastic out as well, a good 2x2. and well I finally just gave it some muscle and it fits like a glove. I still need to take off my dash in the near future and re-wrap my dash trim with a heat gun, but heres the better pics.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: