NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Ghosts of the forums (UPDATE 27FEB2013)
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Ghosts of the forums (UPDATE 27FEB2013)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.54

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject:  Ghosts of the forums (UPDATE 27FEB2013) Reply with quote

Hey guys long time no post i know i know, havent really been on a computer much anymore and just been busy

well just an update the pimpala is still running strong, havent done much mods after what i already have just routine maintenance and a tune up and boy did that tune up wake her up..

recently bought a motorcycle though for my daily commuter, sister is gonna take over payments on the pimpala so i guess its hers now ;__(

i got a nice 06 SUZUKI GSXR750, wayyy too much power for a beginner bike yes as i learned on day 3 riding it -____- made a turn from a stop and as i was letting go of the clutch and overestimated the throttle to turn ratio lol and ended up hitting the curb n falling, happened quick, broke my collar bone, n a little road rash but recovering now lol but its going well and doing better every week... got a plate put in with 4 screws, feels so good Rolling Eyes Laughing
heres the bike

just bent the front rim but it still holds air, and some scrapes but the frame sliders took most of the damage wasnt that bad since it was low speed lol

hows it going here whats new lol howve you guys been i miss you guys Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed

UPDATE 27FEB2013

Hey guys well guess what... i broke my other collar bone in january lmao GOOD TIMES!
exactly the same as the other side, it looked like a Z, this time i was making a turn on the freeway merging into another freeway, cars stopped quick and i tried to avoid hitting the car in front and ended up hitting the side wall and slamming to the floor... so here we go again recovering...

recovering is going quicker than last time so ive been able to drive already, ended up buying an 05 Pontiac GTO 6speed
let me just say that car is fun as hell and being that i drove city all the time and disabled dod on the impala i get about 1mpg less than the impala unless im going wot all the time...

how are you guys doing??? whos stil here??

I'm going to post this as a message as well just so its not confusing going back and forth lol

veeeeeeeeeeeeeeee teeeeeehhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by SSGOAT on Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

damnnn a 750 for a beginners! Your nuts! Hey, now you literally can "feel" the power. Laughing

sick bike though man. Love the color. Im going to learn on a really old Honda then get one of these once i get another job that pays well

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

lol oh yea i felt it alright..
and i was looking at older 600s originally still alot of power but not too bad, but i was able to bring the price down on this one(compared to the other ones) and i got the loan with pretty low interest for a used bike, also it was the color i wanted lol unfortunately it also had to be the only 750 they had smh haha
they had a ninja1000 for 1k cheaper but i was like hell no lol
im not into the whole racing bikes stuff i dont plan on doing stupid stuff on it so i said why not, just wanted a sportbike to be able to go to curvy roads in canyons and what not on the weekends and stuff, thats what interests me

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.29

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Nice bike!

I was looking at 600RRs, my buddies ride GSXRs and a 460 Raider. Have a baby on the way, probably not a good time to take up bikes Laughing

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
VictoryRed09
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I was once told , "if at first you don't suceed, Sky Diving is not your sport."

High Power bike + new Rider = Broken Collar bone.
I wonder if Motor Cycles are in that catagory too?

Kidding aside.. That is really a nice looking ride.
Stay right side up in the future.
shotokan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

With the slight (?) bend in the rim, could cause a high speed wobble. Please have it checked for trueness & replace if any flaws are found, you don't want a wheel failure! 35 years riding experience, some on the race track. Hope the coller bone heals quickly so you can ride the summer, keep the rubber down & the shiny up!
SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

yea im trying to take advantage being kidless right now lol

n thanks victoyrred ill try to keep that in mind haha

and as for the rim, i do not plan on riding with that rim at all, its only on one side and does hold air but im not going to risk it, and thanks for the tips lol

richp04impala

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

dam that sucks but glad you came out alive, i've had my share of close calls but have been fortunate enough to never lay a bike over. Be glad your parts are easily replaceable and you should consider going to riding school and taking an advanced course since you can already ride. they have them at cerritos college and you do it with your own bike.
SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

awww damn another LBC guy lol what part of lb you from man?

and i was gonna pay for the course at cerritos but they offer it for free in camp pendleton by oceanside for military so now that i know I'm going to take both begginers and advanced courses before hopping back on, right now i have the front taken apart and I'm going to open up the headlight to paint it while i wait on the hid's to arrive

richp04impala

Posts per day: 0.02

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

yup yup, but thats cool cause there expensive at cerritos I just took the beginner instead of tying to pass the driving test when i was getting my license a couple years ago ..its kinda hard going in a smal circle with an almost 900lbs, not so smooth running bike

O yea i live in the Wrigley area by Willow and Lb but I'm in the north side a lot as well cause my pops lives by LB and Del amo... Ill see if see you around once you get back on it...just dont do what my buddy did and give any fat chicks a ride ROFL she brought the suspension all the way down to were the license plate hit the tire and broke it off when they went over a bump ROFL
SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

lol damn yea I'm going to take the begginers course and the advanced course aswell and get the actual license to at least make up for the lack of experience lol
and yea i was gonna sign up for cerritos but s**t was like 250 i was like thats a jacket! hahaha

and wtf im by lb and delamo aswell, all black impala, sometimes i run straight pipe lol mayve youve heard me haha
n damn foreal? well maybe its a cheap alternative to lowering the bike a bit Confused2 lmfao

Jensimpala
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.19

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

long time no see, nice to see things are going well for you.

Member Level
Member Level

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

UPDATE 27FEB2013

Hey guys well guess what... i broke my other collar bone in january lmao GOOD TIMES!
exactly the same as the other side, it looked like a Z, this time i was making a turn on the freeway merging into another freeway, cars stopped quick and i tried to avoid hitting the car in front and ended up hitting the side wall and slamming to the floor... so here we go again recovering...

recovering is going quicker than last time so ive been able to drive already, ended up buying an 05 Pontiac GTO 6speed
let me just say that car is fun as hell and being that i drove city all the time and disabled dod on the impala i get about 1mpg less than the impala unless im going wot all the time...

how are you guys doing??? whos stil here??

Frank4202
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.74

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1997 Chevrolet Corvette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I still browse. Nice GTO. I considered one instead of the Corvette but wasnt a fan of the instrument cluster on the GTO.

Sold 28/10/11
SSGOAT
Member Level
Member Level

2006 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Excursion
2005 Pontiac GTO

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Frank4202 wrote:
I still browse. Nice GTO. I considered one instead of the Corvette but wasnt a fan of the instrument cluster on the GTO.

heyy, damn i miss this forum alot of bs on other forums, cant ask a question or suggest something without getting insulted lol
thanks, i was going for a c5 vette but i needed the extra seats, and the gto was way cheaper than a ctsv
i absolutely hate the steering wheel, but i dont even look at it anymore lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: