NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Looking For A New Vehicle
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Looking For A New Vehicle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whatmh5
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject:  Looking For A New Vehicle Reply with quote

Any suggestions on a car to get in the 5-8 thousand dollar range?
americanmade92
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.17

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Don't know what prices are like in your area but I like these for that price range 1999 silverado extended cab Z71, 1996 impala, 1983-88 monte carlo ss, 1999-2003 mustang gt

Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.58

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

What are you looking for in a vehicle? 2 door, 4 door, truck, SUV, van?

What are you looking to do with the vehicle? toy? daily driver? project?

What kind of condition are you looking for? ready to drive? needing work? full restore?

Go to cars.com and play with the filters to reflect what you want in your price range. Will give you a good idea with whats out there in your area

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
2005 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

all depends on your purpose...

and autotrader.com too is a good place to look.
KuruptimpalA
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject:  mautofied Reply with quote

Check out mautofied.com its mostly all custom cars trucks n SUVs in all price ranges youll be surprised what you can get for 5-8grand
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

^^^ At the risk of buying something butchered or unsafely modified, which is to say, a reasonable high risk given what you can find people openly admitting to on the internet: you should have a good understanding of what you're buying and with modifieds the parts and producers vary from model to model - tough to stay properly informed with a system like that.

It's not easy to produce a list even if we do know what you're looking for. Prices vary greatly by geographic areas based on several things, like drive type, engine size, etc. People in Florida don't need AWDs, but in colder or snowier areas, AWD can go for premium prices. Gas pricing in Eastern Canada is terrible - big engined cars don`t always sell for what you might think, while small engined cars sell very well.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
whatmh5
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Pitch Black SS wrote:
What are you looking for in a vehicle? 2 door, 4 door, truck, SUV, van?

What are you looking to do with the vehicle? toy? daily driver? project?

What kind of condition are you looking for? ready to drive? needing work? full restore?

Go to cars.com and play with the filters to reflect what you want in your price range. Will give you a good idea with whats out there in your area

It has to be a daily driver, as i'm starting college next year and its about a hour and a half there. Ive looked around quite a bit, and the A4 and A6 have really caught my eye. I guess I cant get over large vehicles..

I found an 04 A6 with the turbo v6, really liking it. Would insurance by higher because it is a turbo'd vehicle? makes 250-260 i believe.

Lingenfelter wrote:
^^^ At the risk of buying something butchered or unsafely modified, which is to say, a reasonable high risk given what you can find people openly admitting to on the internet: you should have a good understanding of what you're buying and with modifieds the parts and producers vary from model to model - tough to stay properly informed with a system like that.

It's not easy to produce a list even if we do know what you're looking for. Prices vary greatly by geographic areas based on several things, like drive type, engine size, etc. People in Florida don't need AWDs, but in colder or snowier areas, AWD can go for premium prices. Gas pricing in Eastern Canada is terrible - big engined cars don`t always sell for what you might think, while small engined cars sell very well.

I don't think I could do RWD unless it was a truck that I could add some weight to, im in central Indiana and we have quite a bit of snowfall some years, that's mainly why I was liking the Audi's. Ive heard the older years have problems, but I'm not sure on the newer years.
Fearless2005
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If you're looking for something fuel efficient, I recommend the Cobalt or Cavalier. Little peppy engines great on gas. Plus, they're easy to work on
spacewalker404
Resident
Resident
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.15

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Chevrolet S10

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Fearless2005 wrote:
If you're looking for something fuel efficient, I recommend the Cobalt or Cavalier. Little peppy engines great on gas. Plus, they're easy to work on

^ X2. That or a Geo Prizm. Looking back now, that probably was one of the best cars I owned. Extremely simple in everything. Engine, electrical, ect. Plus the parts are still easy to come by because of it commonality with a bunch of other vehicles.

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.48

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My friend has a Cobalt SS/SC and loves the gas along with the power you can add easily with the Stage upgrades. If you are going to commute an hour and a half a day to class, get something good on gas. You won't regret it. As a current college student who drives 30 min a day on mostly hilly roads with over 20 stop lights and stop signs, you wont regret it. Im hurting only getting 230ish miles a tank.

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Don't buy an Audi if you're planning on commuting to college. The last thing a student needs is to have a repair bill he can't afford for a vehicle he requires for transportation to school.

It's nice to show up at the college with something that looks expensive, but it's better to have confidence you can afford to insure and repair your required transportation.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.99

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

spacewalker404 wrote:
Fearless2005 wrote:

^ X2. That or a Geo Prizm. Looking back now, that probably was one of the best cars I owned. Extremely simple in everything. Engine, electrical, ect. Plus the parts are still easy to come by because of it commonality with a bunch of other vehicles.

I agree. The little 4 cyl compacts are easy peezy too work on and repairs are very cheap compared too a large seden or sporty car. They can generally be very solid vehicles and get close to the 40 mpg mark.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
whatmh5
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i must have stated it wrong, I will be about an hour and a half away at college from my home, but I will come home fairly often to see the family, etc.

So an x on the audi?
I was looking for a cobalt ss, but I'd prefer to have something automatic.

I don't need something real fuel efficient, but I don't want something that gets horrible gas mileage on the highway. The audi estimated was 26; I would be completely fine with a number like that.

I just cant decide!! Shocked
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:11 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

All in the same, if you're away at school, do you have a place to work on the car without having it towed or limping it an hour and a half home?

I don't want to suggest a car that's going to nail you with big repair and parts costs, especially if you can't do the work on your own.

Many many cars can get 26mpg highway. And 90% of cars sold in the Americas are automatic, so pretty much everything is going to be an auto.

Danny_9C1
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.2

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Chevrolet Tahoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

A good condition P71 Crown victoria or 9C1 Impala.Both are fairly cheap to maintain and or repair.Both offer good power,handling,and gas milage.Plus their is always the cool and fun factor of owning a ex-police car.Although i got over the fun factor years ago...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhgHhkKXyEU

1999 Chevy Z56 Tahoe PPV.2004 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor,
2007 Chevy 9C1 Impala.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: