NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - ported lim
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

ported lim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.04

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject:  ported lim Reply with quote

i bought a ported lower intake to go under my new supercharger. My friend who was going to port out the heads to match the intake said he cant do it now. I emailed zzp to see if i could exchange the intake and zoomer told me that

"It can be run w/o issue on stock heads or you can return it"

Everyone else thinks that the step that will be there will hurt performance. What should I do?
nightryder
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.8

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The ported LIM from ZZP just has the inlet ported. AFAIK there is no outlet work done to it unless you had a special request for them to do it.

You can run the LIM without run-ability issues, it'll just hurt flow slightly at higher RPM.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

no special requests. Just the runner porting and gasket matched selection. i havent really fit the manifold up to see it on the car yet so im not sure.
Scotty455
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well according to zoomer the step is there regardless of the Lim being ported or not so looks like ill be using it after all
nightryder
Master Level
Master Level
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.8

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Scotty455 wrote:
Well according to zoomer the step is there regardless of the Lim being ported or not so looks like ill be using it after all

Say what? Confused

When you port the outlet of the LIM you open it up to the size of the intake gasket. The step is there because the heads haven't been ported to match the intake gasket. Once the heads are done, there is no step. If the outlet of the LIM isn't ported there will be a valley between the two where the gasket sits (not a step) because the LIM and the head are smaller than the gasket opening. A valley is less of an obstruction because there isn't a perpendicular surface to the airflow, a step would create a perpendicular surface but I doubt you will notice any difference on a stock valve train.

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1969 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just going off what he said. Once I get to the point of a cam ill need head work anyway so no problem there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: