NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - lifted the Taco
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

lifted the Taco
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.62

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject:  lifted the Taco Reply with quote

Thought I'd share a few pics of how the Tacoma looks these days. Just had a 3" lift installed which consisted of Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks with Eibach springs, Bilstein 5100 shocks for the rear, 2" add-a-leaf for rear, and new upper control arms.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jgilius
Uber
Uber
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.29

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

now, do you do as much off roading with that taco as you did with the impala? Laughing it's looking pretty sharp. keep up the good work on it! peace, john

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

haha thanks. It's only been off road a couple of times. Laughing

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jgilius
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.29

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

does your tonneau cover have the sewn in "j" channel that hooks under the cover frame rails and makes it impossible to roll tightly to the front of the bed? i had one like that on my ranger, and i liked the look with no visible snaps, but God help you if it had to come off and go back on in the winter. peace, john

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
TSS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.56

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The lift looks great!

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

Posts per day: 3.6

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Looks pretty aggressive, especially with those big knobby tires. How's the road noise with those tires?

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Lookin good! I like the lift. Just enough but not too much. If it were mine I'd like the front up another inch but looks great! Next project? Not really sure what to suggest. It's safe to say it doesn't need anything else

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments folks.

IffyG wrote:
How's the road noise with those tires?

Not bad, they're pretty aggressive for an all terrain tire, but they weren't noisy like you'd get with a mud terrain tire when you see the trucks driving down the other side of the highway and you can hear their tires humming.Laughing They made a little bit of noise when they were new, but I've got about 20k miles on them now and they're quiet now.

barnettimpala wrote:
Next project? Not really sure what to suggest. It's safe to say it doesn't need anything else

Nothing major at this point. On the waiting list for a guy on the Tacoma forums who makes these grilles. Going to put the old school FJ Cruiser style "TOYOTA" emblem on it.

And some kind of side steps of some sort. May also get one of these, undecided yet though.

https://avidoffroad.infusionso.....naviprod=3

Might go with a little bit wider tire when I wear these out. I'd love the TRD supercharger but there's no way I'm spending $5k on a single mod. Laughing I tossed around the idea of doing an HID projector retrofit but don't think I'm going to now.

jgilius wrote:
does your tonneau cover have the sewn in "j" channel that hooks under the cover frame rails and makes it impossible to roll tightly to the front of the bed? i had one like that on my ranger, and i liked the look with no visible snaps, but God help you if it had to come off and go back on in the winter. peace, john

No snaps on this one. It's a tri-folding tonneau. Just held onto the truck with 4 clamps. 2 at either end of the bed. Undo the back to and folds in 1/3 and then 1/3 again and you can keep it like that, or just take it off if you undo the other 2 clamps. Only takes a minute to put on or off. I usually just leave it off in the summer.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
Lysol106
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.11

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1978 Chevrolet Impala
1991 Pontiac Trans Am

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Great looking lift! I was going to put new Bilstein 5100s on my Jeep when I lifted it back in 08/09. I was going to go that route on the Ram too. Great shocks by far.

Clap

2007 Impala LT3
2006 Chrysler 300c
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I like the grille idea. Not so much the side steps and bumper. I Personally haven't even had to use any side steps on any truck that had them and I like your truck without them. I hate aftermarket projectors on tacoma's so not sure how I feel about that either

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
Domo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.09

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
2005 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:51 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Niiicee! i like it! now THATS a truck!
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

Posts per day: 3.6

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:

Nothing major at this point. On the waiting list for a guy on the Tacoma forums who makes these grilles. Going to put the old school FJ Cruiser style "TOYOTA" emblem on it.

That grille is bad ass. Got any pictures of a Taco with it installed?

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
HeMi
Guru
Guru
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.11

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala
2015 Dodge Ram
2017 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:

I tossed around the idea of doing an HID projector retrofit but don't think I'm going to now.

If you ever change your mind in the future, It should be actually easy on your truck. The Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors (TRS.com) are basicly plug and play with H4 Housings. Open em up, Twist lock them into the bulb holder and tighten the screws and reseal the housing. Done.

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

barnettimpala wrote:
I hate aftermarket projectors on tacoma's so not sure how I feel about that either

Well, if I would do that, it wouldn't be the aftermarket ebay style projectors, I think they're ugly on any vehicle. Laughing It would be a custom retrofit of proper HID projectors into the stock housings. Something like this guy has on Tacomaworld.

Iffy, you can also see that style grille in that picture, albeit with bigass off road lights behind it.

I think I'd do the TOYOTA lettering like on this one, not sure yet. Other option would just be a small black TRD emblem in the bottom corner.

HeMi wrote:
20SS07 wrote:

I tossed around the idea of doing an HID projector retrofit but don't think I'm going to now.

If you ever change your mind in the future, It should be actually easy on your truck. The Morimoto Mini H1 Projectors (TRS.com) are basicly plug and play with H4 Housings. Open em up, Twist lock them into the bulb holder and tighten the screws and reseal the housing. Done.

Yea, people that went that route didn't seem to have too much trouble. I would paint the whole inside black then like in the pic above. Think it looks badass that way.

Additionally, those are the style of side steps I would get.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:

Last edited by 20SS07 on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
HeMi
Guru
Guru
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.11

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala
2015 Dodge Ram
2017 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If i wasn't so dead set on Using D2S bulbs and OE balasts I would'a gone Mini H1 my self. They are awesome projectors for the price and ease of use and have comparible output to some of the real Valeo and Hella OE projectors.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: