NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - SPL DB Drag!
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

SPL DB Drag!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:29 am    Post subject:  SPL DB Drag! Reply with quote

Well it's been awhile since Ive been really active on here, I've been really busy with school and work, and my computer hasn't been working.
Now on to the news. I got to compete in an spl db drag this weekend. I wasn't there to win anything, just wanted to see what kinda numbers I could get. I'm very happy with the results. Cool
My system details:
Pioneer 3200bt
Eclipse sw8102dvc 10" 500 rms sub in a sealed 1.5 cu. ft. box
Eclipse xa1000 480 rms amp
Eclipse SE 6900 4-ways
Kicker DS65.2 6.5" components
8 gauge wiring
Stock alternator and battery
So.... I hit 131.7db @ 47hz Very Happy Not bad at all for a 10 sealed with under 500 watts!
I saw some of the craziest systems ever as well. Doubt many have the chnace to stick there head inside a Nissan Titan with 16 Boston 6x9's, 4 Kicker 15" Solo-X's, and 4 Kicker Warhorses, which put out 10,000 rms each!! Or a pathfinder with 16 10's lol

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
davidhoutz
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I remember back in HS when the kicker solo baric's were a big thing and one of the shops around us had a small truck with 4 12's. I was about 16-17 years old at the time and I thought, "That is the loudest truck ever to crawl the earth",...I was wrong.
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

davidhoutz wrote:
I remember back in HS when the kicker solo baric's were a big thing and one of the shops around us had a small truck with 4 12's. I was about 16-17 years old at the time and I thought, "That is the loudest truck ever to crawl the earth",...I was wrong.

Not sure if you read my post right or if your just saying, but he had solo-x's. Can't compare solobarics with those lol
Nobody must be interested in db comps on here...

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
grimsin
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.4

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

in highschool i paid a $1000.00 taxes in on a kicker amp 1000 rms watts(not peak) , got 2 12'' cerwin vega subs 250 rms watts each sub so 500 rms watts,(not peak), put them in my 1991 plymouth laser lols. couple months later i got tired of tightening my interior screws every other day so i sold it at a huge loss lols, music was never my thing i was just a stupid spender lols, now i cant even get myself to fork over a few hundred on a mod lol. good'ol highdchool days

oh and i dont know anything about audio systems except what i had, and rms and peak watts cause thats what all the kids talked about when you said how many watts you had they would ask "rms or peak?" lols

Mods:4'' HAI\L67 HVTB\HV3\ER Rockers\WP underdrive pulley\Headers\cat delete\91 octane overkill incar tune.
3.69 gears soon!!
impala2k
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.19

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

grimsin wrote:

oh and i dont know anything about audio systems except what i had, and rms and peak watts cause thats what all the kids talked about when you said how many watts you had they would ask "rms or peak?" lols

For me when someone asks how many watts I have to ask them, to the sub? Or to the Speakers lol. You can get a lot of sound from not very high wattage, a kid here local proved that. Blew my mind. Two 8" subs (yep 8's) in a crazy ported box he built himself. Play atleast 2 times as loud as my two tens, fosgate p1's sealed, hit way lower, are just as punchy and he is only running 300 watts. Everything I thought I knew about systems was shattered by what this kid is doing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: