NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Seattle Snow
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Seattle Snow
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject:  Seattle Snow Reply with quote

While I'm waiting for all this snow to melt so I can figure out my tail light situation. Thought I'd snap a quick shot of my car in the snow as well as the aftermath on my block was bad enough to cancel school all week and today it's just all turning into slush.I pretty much scrape everywhere I go, but with no studs and street tires I still get around just fine. Also notice the NEW grill Smile
Also noticed some youtube vids, Urban Snowboarding Seattle. lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uber
Uber
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.3

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

bunch of lightweights up your way if a few inches of snow closes your city, LOL your car looks unhappy to be in snow. best wishes for a quick thaw and a return to normal up there. peace, john

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah no kiddin, there was like 800 accidents in 1 day, not even joking. I'm glad I work graveyard cos hardly anyone is on the road

Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That looks like a light dusting of Snow compared to here on an average year.

However, this winter, That much snow could be more than we have gotten so far since September. The Ski Resorts have had to make their own snow to stay open.

Nice looking Impala. The Grill looks good. Like the color too.
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah thanks, the snow pic is after the rain washed it mostly away, we had a lot of downed trees and power outages, etc. All in all it dumped quite a bit of snow, but I grew up with 4 seasons so I'm glad it came...

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.63

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Only time I remember school being closed for a week was back when I was in elem. school in the mid 90's and we had 3 feet of snow. Laughing

We haven't had much this year though, about 5 inches right before Halloween and we had another 4 or 5 inches last night into this morning.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.32

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:
Only time I remember school being closed for a week was back when I was in elem. school in the mid 90's and we had 3 feet of snow. Laughing

We haven't had much this year though, about 5 inches right before Halloween and we had another 4 or 5 inches last night into this morning.

Never had school closed for a week, regardless of conditions. Two days was the longest, I think, and that was after a serious freezing rain/ice storm that was heavy enough we used our ice skates on our gravel roads...

I think this year has been pretty unusual for a lot of the continent... snow where you're not used to it, no snow where you are expecting it... Our annual snowfall here is 62", but right now there might be 4" on the ground, tops.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
topgun
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject:  snow . . .! Reply with quote

Speaking of four or five inches, my girlfriend had about 6 to 8 last night. : Laughing Cool

jgilius
Uber
Uber
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.3

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject:  Re: snow . . .! Reply with quote

topgun wrote:
Speaking of four or five inches, my girlfriend had about 6 to 8 last night. : Laughing Cool

gave it to her twice, eh? what a romeo!! Laughing peace, john

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
topgun
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject:  Snow . . . ! Reply with quote

Twice . . .Yeah lol, it was three times . . . Rolling Eyes Cool

bigdog60
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject:  Re: snow . . .! Reply with quote

topgun wrote:

Neighbor over again????
TeenBeach
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.12

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2002 Kia Rio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject:  Re: snow . . .! Reply with quote

bigdog60 wrote:
Neighbor over again????

Sorry, but there was so much room in the back seat up the impy Laughing

Yeah, that snow ain't nothing. Its been snowing, sleeting, raining.. everything over here. Now the roads are just a big salty slosh pit and my impy is suffering Crying or Very sad I am really considering getting a jeep for next winter, and putting the impy away until late spring.

I like your impy, I personally liked how your grill was in your sig, but thats just my opinion. Good thing your not lowered, you would prolly just leave a huge clean strip behind your rather then just wheel treads lol. This is the only good time where the chevy rides high.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I know, I'm actually thinking about lowering soon, but I gotta get new tires first and I kind don't wanna drop almost a grand to get lowered... Although I'm never getting rid of this car.. but I hated the stock grill, I'll prob sand and paint the Chrome piece and throw that on, so the bowtie doesn't look off..

The school is ontop of a 48-50 degree incline, and the snow was packed for a few days before I took this pic, I only left the house at like 9pm..

BTW would I just use a "flat" krylon fusion spray paint.. I want it to look like all one piece..

Uber
Uber

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

20SS07 wrote:

I remember that. I'm from central PA originally. I think it was 95 or 96. had off three days. I remember snow mobiles tearing up the road in front of our house.
HeMi
Guru
Guru
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.11

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala
2015 Dodge Ram
2017 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

lol thats F/A for snow. I've only had school canceled once ever, and that was only because we had 19" of snow in 24 hours and couldn't clear it fast enough for monday. Laughing

Though This year I'd kill for even that little bit of snow. Itching to go Snowmobiling but half the trails closed due to no snow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> C'mon Down! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: