NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Throttlebody
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Throttlebody

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber
Elite Contributor (Amount: 1) Elite Contributor

Posts per day: 0.24

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:51 pm    Post subject:  Throttlebody Reply with quote

I just installed the ZZP stage 2 tb I purchased on Black Friday. I didn't have my camera, so no install pics. I'm in touch with Will concerning my Pcm and since she will be parked for the winter I have time to get that taken care of. Time went by so quick since my first post/mod 4 years ago. This will be my last performance mod, no intercooler, no cam, no gen v supercharger, no headers, etc. just routine maintenance. Maybe sometime down the road I may install hids, but for now I'll sit back admire and enjoy. I'd also like to thank Sabre, Pitch, Nightryder, BB, Zspot and a few others that helped me along the way. This is a great site and to show my appreciation I'll soon be joining Loaded05, ratbon to the Elite Contributor category.

05 SS Mods = CAI intake, Power wire upgrade, ZZP alternator Booster, Front & rear STB's, ZZP SS DP wcat, ZZP 180 t-stat, ZZP 3.5 tensioner pulley (both), ZZP S/S ceramic plog with ceramic crossover, Royal Purple 5/30, Goodyear Gatorbacks, 6000k hid head & fog lights, Overkill Pcm, Aeroforce triple gauge w/pillar pod, 35% window tint, Thrasher 3.4 s/c pulley, Autolite 104's, MCR 200 amp alternator, PRJ wires, Intense Shift kit, ZZP 1.9 modded rockers, ZZP stage 2 Tb, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper lip
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Here's some info, although I haven't had time to get on the highway. The following info is at idle, rpm 770-785, no rough or rolling idle and no kr. Maf = 2685-2695, Map kpa = 37-39 Ign adv = 25.0 and Lt trims fluctuates never higher than 6.2. This info is part throttle from stopped; Lt trims fluctuates 12.5 - 14.8, Maf fluctuates 6350 - 7000. The following is full throttle from 25mph; Rpm 4010 - 4200, maf 9000 - 9200, kr = 0.0, St and Lt fuel trims lock at 0.0 during acceleration. This is the best full throttle scan I could get until I can get some highway time.

Btw, I did notice kr during full throttle from stopped until the transmission shifted. I won't be doing this often, tires can be expensive.

ZZP stock photo

Photo of stock TB removed

05 SS Mods = CAI intake, Power wire upgrade, ZZP alternator Booster, Front & rear STB's, ZZP SS DP wcat, ZZP 180 t-stat, ZZP 3.5 tensioner pulley (both), ZZP S/S ceramic plog with ceramic crossover, Royal Purple 5/30, Goodyear Gatorbacks, 6000k hid head & fog lights, Overkill Pcm, Aeroforce triple gauge w/pillar pod, 35% window tint, Thrasher 3.4 s/c pulley, Autolite 104's, MCR 200 amp alternator, PRJ wires, Intense Shift kit, ZZP 1.9 modded rockers, ZZP stage 2 Tb, Extreme Dimensions rear bumper lip
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Update: Will is taking care of my pcm, just waiting for it to arrive. The weather is getting better and I hope to driving soon.

EMMJAY
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.65

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Dodge Magnum

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:43 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Once you go w/ HIDs youll never go back, and youll wonder why you waited so long to install a set!

helldorado wrote:
EMMJAY, your car is coming together nicely as well!

Frank4202 wrote:
EMMJAY, you and I have always had the same taste in cars Hang Head 2
impala2k
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.19

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Whats the diameter on the ZZP TB. I ended up Going with the WOT tech (or was it TCE) 65mm. It's pretty big, but the ZZP looks huge! Or you have little hands.....jk

EDIT: What's the black growth sticking out of the inside of the TB? Or is that a 3.8 thing?

Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.96

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

impala2k wrote:
Whats the diameter on the ZZP TB. I ended up Going with the WOT tech (or was it TCE) 65mm. It's pretty big, but the ZZP looks huge! Or you have little hands.....jk

EDIT: What's the black growth sticking out of the inside of the TB? Or is that a 3.8 thing?

Stock L67 TB is 69mm..stage one zzp is ported to 72 mm

Stage 2 is the same as stage one with the addition of:
Inlet epoxy work
Removal of hump above the MAF sensor

L36 TB stock is 65..stage 1 zzp is ported to 68mm
stage two has the same improvements as the L67 stage 2 tb

Uber
Uber

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just installed the re-tuned pcm from Will and the car feels more responsive. I also received a free set of Ngk Tr6 ix iridium plugs, from a friend. The Al 104's are two years old, so I'll replace them. If the ngk's don't work out, I'll buy some more Al's. I'll be sure to post my results, any suggestions on what gap to use? The Al's were fine with a gap around 52, the ngk's appear to be at 35.

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.96

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

you def don't want them gapped at 35 lol.

Id go right between 50 and 55.

Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.82

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Come on cam and intercool that sucker lol

Mods: 3.0 MPS | Gen V | N* TB | LQ4 MAF | 130# Springs | XP Cam | |Stage 3 Ported Heads| Roller Master Double Timing Set | CAI | PRJ Wires | AL104 | Speed Daddy Headers | EGR Delete | ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler | 42lb Injectors |
13.4 @ 106

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3183434
Kissmyss
Uber
Uber

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Dodge Durango

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:20 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

GOTIT4CHEAP16 wrote:
Come on cam and intercool that sucker lol

That's a future project for a different car. I gapped them at .50, hopefully this will be the gap that works the best.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: