NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Battlefield 3
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Battlefield 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiltrotor22
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.13

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject:  Battlefield 3 Reply with quote

Just read the post about COD:MW3 so I had to start one about BF3 as im a huge fan of the Battlefield series games.

Im on PC and if anyone else is, add me. My screen name is TheTinWhisker

Anyone else playing this?

See you on the Battlefield.
AfterLyfe

Posts per day: 0.02

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I do from time to time. The name is Af7erLyfe.
Grape
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.89

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Huge fan of Battlefield
xbox360 though

20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.59

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

jtav2002 on PS3.

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
HeMi
Guru
Guru
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.1

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala
2015 Dodge Ram
2017 Dodge Ram

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:29 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

HeMi102 on PC.

Console kids should gtfo out this thread. Laughing

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.56

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

This console player might say f it and sell this POS game. I can barely find a stable server and the ones I do find end up being 2 on 10 or some crap like that... bunch of BS.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

IffyG wrote:
This console player might say f it and sell this POS game. I can barely find a stable server and the ones I do find end up being 2 on 10 or some crap like that... bunch of BS.

PS3 or Xbox? I have no problem on PS3 myself. I've never had a game get dropped or anything and have no problem finding full games to play in.

And yes Hemi, we get it, you hate console gaming. No need to point it out in every single game thread. Laughing

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

XBOX. The server issues are just the tip of the iceberg with the shortcomings of this game. Being blinded by tactical lights and laser sights IN BROAD daylight, the choke points (particularly on the Metro level), being shot from across the map by some jackass with a thermal scope, etc. I'm hoping the patch that comes next week fixes things...

Dan wrote:

d
tiltrotor22
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.13

2008 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject:  Um Reply with quote

A patch was just released a few days ago that corrected the IRNV scope and adjusted the tactical flashlight.
Im a PC guy myself, and I dont understand why only XBOX makes you pay to play on servers.
I also couldnt deal with playing BF3 with a console controller.
But then again, ive never tried on console, so I cant say anything about the people who play on consoles.
I think BF3 is an awesome game, I just try to stay away from Metro, although I get a good K/D on it, I just dont like the map.
Cant wait for Karkand!!!!!!!
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:56 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Overall I still love the game. And it's insanely better than the alternative of playing garbage MW3.

I haven't really bit hit much from people across the map, not like I could complain I used to pick people off from the other side of the map with shotguns in Bad Company 2 haha. The tac light doesn't bother me in closed spaces it should be blinding there, it's when the person is 30 yards away from you that it annoys me. I don't play enough to really let anything else bother me.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.52

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'm waiting for it to come to Steam.

Grape
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.89

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Im glad they did something about the thermals and tac lights, b/c that was getting annoying. but it does seem much better than the first few times I played. Getting hit with a sniper bullet from across the map is realistic, I dont like it either, but Im not gonna stop playin b/c of it. thats what sniper's do. they scare the enemy from focusing on their objective

BF is NOTHING like MW. People buy BF thinking its just another shooter, but this is a tactical squad based game. its realistic, more so than any other shooter Ive played on xbox. its got bullet drop, vision problems with suppressive fire, scope glare from snipers, mussel flash....and one of the BEST features....bottlenecks on the map. Great way to get lots of kills fast. there are soooo many things that should help you with playing, but people seem to get the game and get rid of it within a week b/c THEY cant seem to get a positive K to D. and its the game's fault Rolling Eyes (my brother and 2 seperate friends both claim that people are glitching to get kills.) its rather annoying having your team leave you b/c your team is losing.

the ONLY thing wrong with the game IMO, is you are STILL able to steal the other teams vehicles, which allows a single team to have up to 4 jets, 2 choppers and 2-4 tanks, depending on the map. having 12 enemy vehicles coming after your team and then having your whole team quit like girls, it just gets old,....but nothing to get rid of the game over

disclaimer: I base what I say about people's dislikes of the game from what Ive read from people on this site (both threads), the battlefield site and people that in-game chat. I think just the size of the maps alone scares people away sometimes.
2 Cents

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator

1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't mind getting killed by sniper rifles at range. The problem is when everyone is using the same damn scope to root out people that are just getting started with the game using iron sights (so we get the benefit of being blinded by the guys using tac lights and being spotted from half a mile away by the thermal guys). I'm still willing to give it a chance after the patch, but it's been annoying as hell thus far.

I'm well aware that this game is not quite COD, but it's getting pretty damn close compared to BC and BC2. Granted, I had never played early in the release cycle of those games, so it's possible that they were just as unbalanced and annoying in their early iterations as well. Also, trust me, when I say I'm no K/D whore (my ration was .7ish in BC and .7ish in BC2) and I usually play as an anti-vehicle or medic type player depending on the map and game type and ended up in the top three on my squad in almost every game I played in BC2 points wise. This game has been nothing but a blood bath for me... over 7 rounds I have a .26 k/d and getting killed on a spawn gets old in a hurry.

As far as stealing vehicles, that's always been part of the charm of the Battlefield games I have played. My buddy and I would send one person over to the enemy base and once the other died we would spawn on the other and steal their tanks. If someone doesn't want to use (or at least defend) the vehicles, the deserve to have them stolen.

I suppose the main problem is that since I no longer have hours upon hours to dedicate to video games, so I sure as hell better be having a blast when I play. I'm just not enjoying the unpatched version of this game and I hope the update that comes next week balances it out enough that I don't want to throw my controller at the TV every time I play.

Dan wrote:

d
PushrodPower
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 1.94

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Saturn S-Series

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah I play single player myself. It's almost like masturbating. So I'm quite good at it.

"The skippers been drinking, oh yes he has you can tell."-Bob Ross
04ImpalaSS wrote:
How much miles are on those seats? How much pounds of ass were applied to the seat during every trip? Lol

wedebrook wrote:
This thread is about *this* far from being about me, all oiled up, eating chili mac in a walmart bathroom.

nightryder wrote:
My c**k broke.
EMMJAY
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.62

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Dodge Magnum

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I got this Bad Company3 for my bday on the 3rd, I havent played it much but I did get to level 2 this morning lol....I think its just hard to adjust to this from MW3, but once you adjust it can get fun...IF your not getting killed right when you spawn lol yes that is retarded lol

helldorado wrote:
EMMJAY, your car is coming together nicely as well!

Frank4202 wrote:
EMMJAY, you and I have always had the same taste in cars Hang Head 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: