NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Hey! Impala 9c1 owner from Northwest Indiana here
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Hey! Impala 9c1 owner from Northwest Indiana here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daedricprince
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.05

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject:  Hey! Impala 9c1 owner from Northwest Indiana here Reply with quote

Found this site through a google - i've owned my 9c1 for a year now, car runs strong no issues i've really enjoyed getting around in it. I'm 25, not too mechanically inclined, but have learned tips along the way about a little better performance with cars. I think my signature will show my light mods, but on top of the 9c1 package I got a k&n typhoon intake, ported and polished manifold, MSD ignition coils, taylor wires with NGK platium plugs, aluminum lugnuts, and i'm a user of Acetone (2 oz) into the fuel tank, have sworn by it in my past few cars for added MPG and possible performance Smile. I'm also working on a project single-to-dual exhaust, more for look and sound than anything, it should be done this week and i'll have pics and youtube video.

Anyway love the car - used to own a Tiburon which i rolled (long story) and then a celica GTS that was just a rattle can ricer, this is my first full size v6 car (though i used to own a jeep wrangler in HS). I'll try to post a pic of it here.

beast50
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2011 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

looks good! I like that color blue. Detective's car? Welcome to the forum!
Black06SS

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:26 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome to the site!!

I've driven two 9C1 Impalas for work and I will say the 00-05 was my favorite for the comfort. The seats in those were some of the most comfortable seats I've ever sat in. The only downside was the transmission slipped like crazy. The '06 wasn't the best for comfort, but definately had the power.

Sharp looking car you have there. Do you plan on painting the center caps on the Monte wheels? It would look a lot better if you did. Good luck with your upgrades!! Very Happy
daedricprince
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

It was a lieutenants take home car from my area. I grabbed it up at an auction when they got new cars.

Yeah the ride is really comfortable - this one has cruise control, too - so that was a plus (i hadnt had that in a car before until now) and i got keyless entry aftermarket put in.

I do not plan on painting the center caps, as I left them silver on purpose with the rest being black - i liked the accent of it Wink

beast50
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2011 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:27 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My dad has a 2000 LS and I have to admit the seats are much more comfortable and supportive than the seats in my 2006. The 2006 doesn't have as many vision blindspots as the 2000 though they both are sharp automobiles.
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.96

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

someone plays the elder scrolls series Wink haha

welcome..get some mothers back to black on the trim around the car, and fix those headlights! then itll look good lol

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.49

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

welcome

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
daedricprince
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

yep! i've been a huge elder scrolls fan since morrowind Smile

I'm on top of the headlights - this was an older picture, i now have 'beamer' style halo headlights, they look so much better!

As for the trim - that was on my to-do list this spring! Until then it'll have to be faded, hah.

REDLINE
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.36

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2000 GMC Sierra
2001 Chevrolet S10
1994 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome.

Black06SS wrote:
Do you plan on painting the center caps on the Monte wheels? It would look a lot better if you did.

I imagine it's that way to mimick the black steelies w/center cap look.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: