NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - MA Inspection %#$^#$#
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

MA Inspection %#$^#$#

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Grrrr ! MA Inspection %#$^#$# Reply with quote

I had my wife bring in the 2001 Impala LS for its annual MA inspection. She met me outside when I got home from work stating the car got a rejection sticker. I asked, "What for?". She said 2 things need to be fixed. 1st the licence plate had lost too much reflectivity so it needs to be replaced. This sounds like a contradiction of interest. I got rejected for MA registry inspection, now have to pay more to the registry because a plate they made isn't shiny enough. Secondly, the exhaust is too loud. I had a GMPP stainless exhaust on this car for 3+ years with no problems. My wife knew this and asked the dealer why they were rejecting it when they had passed the same exhaust for 3+ years. They told her they had just instected and passed a 4WD PU. They said the MA State Police stopped by and did a surprise inspection and ripped the inspection sticker they just put on this PU off. I think this may have been the dealer being "gun shy" and my wife going in at the wrong time. Does anyone else have any problems getting the GMPP passed during inspections?
bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Holy Crap!!! that the most stupid thing I ever heard. Can you take it somewhere else?
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.77

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

MA is retarded with their vehicle inspection racket...just another way to cheat you out of $29 every year.

I would try a different inspection station, but you may be stuck with the station you went to because of the rejection sticker.

lostwrench
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.07

2004 Chevrolet Impala
2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

When I lived in Rhode Island decades ago, it was the same sort of racket. They always found something wrong. I always had to pay for something.
PBnj
Dedicated
Dedicated
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.13

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That's 1 good thing about Jersey, the inspection is free
Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I mentioned to my wife about going to another station. She investigated it and was told that IF we go where we got the rejection sticker, then they would pass it if we fixed the "flaws". However if we decide to go to another station, then we pay the ENTIRE fee all over IF they decide to touch it.

In order to get it passed, I had to take off the GMPP exhaust then out the original back on. Then pay an additional $ 15 for one plate. The registry officer was REALLY pleasant on the phone. When I asked him "what" and didn't understand what he wanted me to do. he said "Sir, you are not listening to me!". When he asked me for my plate number, I told him what it was. He said, it's not a valid plate. I told him 2 more times, then had to say it phonetically. To which he finally got it. I should have handed him the same you are not listening speech.

I don't feel like putting the GMPP exhaust back on right now with winter coming. Maybe in the spring.
Jnibbs24
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.28

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'll take it off your hands Razz

Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.27

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I never realized MA was such a crapy state about all that. Just sounds like an absolute load of S#!* to me. Man I'd be pissed if that was me.
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.52

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:43 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

good luck! imo, find a new state...

davidhoutz wrote:
I never realized MA was such a crapy state about all that. Just sounds like an absolute load of S#!* to me. Man I'd be pissed if that was me.

this.

Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

So... to get back to my question, does anyone else have problems getting the GMPP to pass inspection in other states? My brother had very similar problems with the GMPP exhause on his Pontiac Grand Prix and I know since he lives in a different town, he goes to other inspection stations.
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

In md licensed inspection stations do the inspection, they charge a set amount that the state charges them to do them they make there money from ďrepairingĒ the problems i.e. when I took my imp into one station they failed it cause I had a tag light out and side marker light. The parts store was across the street they said they would fix this for 15 bucks. I was thinking I could get the bulbs and use the parts store tools for only 4 bucks so I said I would fix it myself the guy then got a bum look on his face like I told him I just ran over his boston terrier with my car and gave him two bags of dog parts one for the front and the other for the rear. Now when I was just turning 16 I tried to get my 89 chevy threw and took it to a for dealer lol. now this truck was a state truck so it had the holes in the roof for lights they failed it cause of this and my two front tires matched but they didnít match the two rear matching tires meaning I had two different sets on my truck and there was a couple more things they nailed me for then they gave me a quote for fixing it all. It was more than I paid for the truck. Now in de inspections are a d.o.t. job so they tend to let somethings go as long as your nice and tell the guy you will fix it. took me 6 or so times to get my 86 chevy threw emissions good thing you donít have to pay for de inspection

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
05ss45
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.18

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well as far as the new plate you should not have to pay for a new one. The plate was not modified or damaged by you. The plate has just lost its usefulness, which the rmv should now replace. As for the exhaust unfortunately in ma it can be no louder than from the factory. So it is up to the discretion of the inspector. Some guys will pass you some won't, it sucks.

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.29

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yeah the whole noise law is a joke. If they are serious about reducing automotive noise, they ought to outlaw bikes altogether. Not that I have anything against bikes, but finding a car that's louder is far more difficult than the other way around.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Frank3
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I need to find another dealer that won't have a problem with the system.
davidhoutz
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.27

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

In NC I had to get a safety inspection just around a month ago. Nothing was said about noise and I was reading the board about everything they test for...nothing about it on there either. Found out my window tint is 36% though, always wondered about that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: