NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Custom Badges and more
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Custom Badges and more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VladdyLS
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject:  Custom Badges and more Reply with quote

Hey guys i need your imput on something that a friend of mine is thinking of going into. He wants to start a company that is going to make custom symbols and parts.( think of the machines that they use to make rims and fenders/wings so on.) The thing that i want to know is would you guys be interested in custom badges, or stock badges or basically anything you can think of that can be cut from a material of your choosing. I'm just wondering if this would be something that people would be interested in.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

My initial impression is that it would be perfect for the Ricer market.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
VladdyLS
Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Precicely, and there is no shortage of those = money. but if you need say a stock impala badge or something since they arent easy to find anymore it would be nice, one of my friends has a T/A and we made a firechicken emblem out of aluminum, looks really cool.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.58

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I think the market on this platform will be limited since most people these days are just trying to keep them on the road at this point.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.55

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C
1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I looked into one of those machines a few months ago, its a great toy to have, but unless you can generate a decent amount of work from it, its a rather expensive toy.

What machine is he looking into exactly? Because you said rims, fenders & wings, each of those items are made on very different pieces of equipment.

Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:09 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yes i said machines that make rims just to give an example of what it does, i'm not sure the exact name of it but it uses a variety of drills and he programs it through a computer obviously to cut out certain designs or engrave things on the material, that ind of thing. the one thing i know is that its German since all the instructions are in German hehe. You are right about the expensive toy part i think he paid 6k for it.

We are still trying to explore the possibilities with it, the badges was just one idea that we had, he used to work for GM and he has all the badge templates for GM cars and i don't think they make them anymore and were just tryin to see if there is still a demand for them
Pitch Black SS
NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:14 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

VladdyLS wrote:
Yes i said machines that make rims just to give an example of what it does, i'm not sure the exact name of it but it uses a variety of drills and he programs it through a computer obviously to cut out certain designs or engrave things on the material, that ind of thing. the one thing i know is that its German since all the instructions are in German hehe. You are right about the expensive toy part i think he paid 6k for it.

We are still trying to explore the possibilities with it, the badges was just one idea that we had, he used to work for GM and he has all the badge templates for GM cars and i don't think they make them anymore and were just tryin to see if there is still a demand for them

guessing 6K was a typo, the one I looked at was just as you described and was 75K used, about 250K new. If they were only 6K, Id have a warehouse full of them.

NAIOA Owner / Founder
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1982 Chevrolet Malibu
2007 Chrysler 300C

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

BTW, without permission from GM, he just cant mass market GM badges. Whether they are old or new, discontinued or still in production, GM still owns the rights to them.

Cadet
Cadet

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Wow maybe he has a smaller one, or just told me 6k because he didnt want to tell me what he really spent on it but yeah he knows about the legal issues with the badges i did not ask him about how he plans on dealing with them but if he is thinking about making them im sure he has his stuff figured out.
BlackVenom
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The only thing I want is a hippopotamus. Guess I'll have to wait 'til christmas.

VladdyLS wrote:
Wow maybe he has a smaller one, or just told me 6k because he didnt want to tell me what he really spent on it but yeah he knows about the legal issues with the badges i did not ask him about how he plans on dealing with them but if he is thinking about making them im sure he has his stuff figured out.

Unless he's making them with hand tools.. there aren't smaller ones.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: