NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account
 

  
NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 2005 impala 3.4l
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

2005 impala 3.4l

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
gianttroll2
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Posts: 16
Posts per day: 0.01
Location: 98391

2008 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject:  2005 impala 3.4l Reply with quote

other then the trans issue im getting fixed are their any issues with this model i should keep an eye on? thanks in advance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor


Joined: Oct 21, 2006
Posts: 9331
Posts per day: 2.29
Location: Ontario, Canada

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo


PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

www.naioa.com/v2/modules.php?n.....mp;t=45146

There has not been a definitive list built for the 06+ models, but you are free to look through the 06+ section for issues which other members have had.

Welcome to the forum! Cool

_________________
uıɐƃɐ ʎɐqǝ ɯoɹɟ pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ƃuıʎnq ɹǝʌǝu ɯɐ ı

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fearless2005
Forum Regular
Forum Regular


Joined: Mar 24, 2010
Posts: 199
Posts per day: 0.07
Location: Chicago

2009 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject:  Re: 2005 impala 3.4l Reply with quote

gianttroll2 wrote:
other then the trans issue im getting fixed are their any issues with this model i should keep an eye on? thanks in advance

Head gaskets. Make sure the system is bleed properly
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
gianttroll2
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Oct 28, 2011
Posts: 16
Posts per day: 0.01
Location: 98391

2008 Chevrolet Impala
2005 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ok what system bled properly? do you mean the brakes?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor


Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Posts: 2653
Posts per day: 0.92
Location: Chicago, IL

2000 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject:  Re: 2005 impala 3.4l Reply with quote

Fearless2005 wrote:
gianttroll2 wrote:
other then the trans issue im getting fixed are their any issues with this model i should keep an eye on? thanks in advance

Head gaskets. Make sure the system is bleed properly


headgasket failure isn't really all that common with these cars

trans, bcm, lim gaskets are all a lot more likely

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
billy101
Member Level
Member Level


Joined: Sep 12, 2010
Posts: 1704
Posts per day: 0.64
Location: Willow Spring, NC

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject:  Re: 2005 impala 3.4l Reply with quote

00impala123 wrote:
Fearless2005 wrote:
gianttroll2 wrote:
other then the trans issue im getting fixed are their any issues with this model i should keep an eye on? thanks in advance

Head gaskets. Make sure the system is bleed properly


headgasket failure isn't really all that common with these cars

trans, bcm, lim gaskets are all a lot more likely


pretty sure the 3400 is common to have the headgaskets go. the 3800 is what is rare to have them go.

_________________
2002 Impala LS 3.8 -121,749 miles 11/13/2011
2001 Impala LS 3.8 - 118,510 miles. 9/2/2011. RIP - 11/12/2011
2010 Malibu LTZ 3.6 - 16,014miles. 8/20/2011.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor


Joined: Feb 01, 2010
Posts: 2653
Posts per day: 0.92
Location: Chicago, IL

2000 Chevrolet Impala


PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 pm    Post subject:  Re: 2005 impala 3.4l Reply with quote

billy101 wrote:
00impala123 wrote:
Fearless2005 wrote:
gianttroll2 wrote:
other then the trans issue im getting fixed are their any issues with this model i should keep an eye on? thanks in advance

Head gaskets. Make sure the system is bleed properly


headgasket failure isn't really all that common with these cars

trans, bcm, lim gaskets are all a lot more likely


pretty sure the 3400 is common to have the headgaskets go. the 3800 is what is rare to have them go.


That could be right. I'm not all that familiar w the 3400, but I know for sure they are rare on the 3800

_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Forums ©
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner. Comments and posts are property of the poster. All other content is © 2008 by the NAIOA.


Use of this site constitutes agreement with the NAIOA Terms of Service (TOS)


PHP-Nuke Copyright © 2005 by Francisco Burzi. This is free software, and you may redistribute it under the GPL. PHP-Nuke comes with absolutely no warranty, for details, see the license.
Server Local Time: December 15, 2017, 10:06:00 am
Page Generation: 0.11 Seconds ( SQL 29:116 in 0.01 Seconds )