NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Misfire on cylinder #2?
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Misfire on cylinder #2?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
polaris2002

Posts per day: 0

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject:  Misfire on cylinder #2? Reply with quote

I recently picked up two 2002 9c1's at an auction. They both run reasonably well, but one has an odd issue that I haven't found in search yet:

It runs excellent- at idle, it doesn't even seem like it's running. Driving feels fine, just like the other 9c1 I bought. But if you floor it, the check engine light flashes and it kind of bucks/skips. It's not transmission slip- the transmission shifts just fine.

Once you let off the gas, the CEL goes off. Code reader shows pending codes for P0300 and P0302. I added some Techron to the gas, thinking it could be bad gas.

Is there anything else I should look at first? Plugs/wires genuine parts done about 15k ago. I'm dreading getting to those back plugs, they look horribly difficult to access. Any tips?
billy101
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.66

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Try moving around the coil pack and see if the misfire moves with the coil pack. That's a quick way to rule out a coil pack. It could be an injector, but I'm not too knowledgeable in this area of motors...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Problems with my car! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: