NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - New to site...Longtime Impala owner.
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

New to site...Longtime Impala owner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xMADMAGx

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 pm    Post subject:  New to site...Longtime Impala owner. Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I happened to stumble on this site a while back and decided to officially join today as my Impalas keep me digging around on the net quite often anyway. I have an '06 3LT and a '67 SS. I got the '67 when I was in high-school and the '06 has been causing headaches for about 5 years now...lol

I am in engineering school right now and because of that money is tight. So I hope that the massive volume of information on here will help me to at least diagnose problems and save a little money. My grandpa had a very small Chevrolet dealership when I was growing up, so I am familiar with most of the GM quirks. But every once in a while this car just does something so darn weird that I have to ask myself, "did that really just happen?" Case in point, a couple of years ago I lost my inner fender while traveling down the interstate one day.

Anyway, I am probably preaching to the choir here, so I will end this by saying thanks for all of the information that I have already got from this site, and I look forward to getting more.

xMADMAGx

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.29

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Welcome! Shouldn't have waited so long to sign up Very Happy

Never heard of a fender liner on these cars coming off. Broken or missing clips/screws???

Look forward to helping troubleshoot in the future Cool

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xMADMAGx

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Quote:
Never heard of a fender liner on these cars coming off. Broken or missing clips/screws???

Yeah, the little plastic clips were completely solid and smooth on the end, not unlike a thumbtack. The only thing holding them on were the thin slivers of plastic that were not removed after casting/pouring.

They held until that fateful day that I ran over one of those little reflectors in the center of the road while changing lanes. The sound made when that happens is truly unique as I had absolutely no idea what had happened until, of course, I noticed part of the liner poking out like a snake from in between the spokes on the wheel. Personally I think the car just decided to protest the fact that I was in a hurry by causing a 25 minute delay while I removed the remnants of the liner that were wedged in between the strut and brake rotor in the most spectacular fashion.

The replacement ones, by comparison, were split in the center and they belled out at the end. They also installed with a distinct click and require pliers/vice grips to remove while the old ones could fall out if you made an angry face at them. GM took the old ones to see what went wrong. Their hypothesis was a bad mold where they were made and an inattentive factory worker that installed them. At any rate, I made them replace the rest the clips, "just to be safe."

Grape
Master Level
Master Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.89

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

welcome to NAIOA

Razz

habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.51

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

welcome!

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
gg05impala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1986 Nissan 300ZX

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

welcome!

Audio: Kicker 1000.1zx, Kicker 12" L5 x2, Kicker 350.4, Pioneer TSD1602R x2, JVC xg-700, custom tuned box 33.8hz
Performance - lead foot in my 3.4L is all I have
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Welcome, New Members! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: