NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - 03 9C1 Remote Start/Alarm Issue
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

03 9C1 Remote Start/Alarm Issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fullpwr5516

Posts per day: 0

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject:  03 9C1 Remote Start/Alarm Issue Reply with quote

Hello all,got a question for a alarm/remote start guru.I recently had a Excalibur alarm/remote start system installed with a GMBP module for the security bypass.I already had to make some repairs from the poor installation like diode isolating the door triggers and - parking light input at the BCM as I was getting false alarms and "service vehicle soon" at the message center till I did this.Here is my question when I use my remote start it functions correctly ie starts the vehicle fine but the security message appears in the message center and stays even after I put the key in,yet the car still stays running fine and the message will not dissappear until I key cycle it.I was told that this is just a issue of this vehicle with aftermarket remote start.I questioned the installer about maybe the security bypass module may not be programmed or installed correctly and they said if this was the case that the vehicle wouldn't stay running if the bypass was not doing its job (supplying the resistance).Just looking to confirm this from someone who might know more about this and something may be out of wack as I had to go behind them and do the isolations I'm concerned they fouled something with the bypass
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i had my Viper 5900 (DEI) installed at future shop (best buy). Occasionally I get into the car after remote starting it, only to find the head unit saying 'locked', meaning no musioc unless i shut the car off and start it again. It's annoying, but I don't know the cause and just deal with it when it does happen.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
billy101
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.65

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2010 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

To my understanding (I installed my own Viper 5501 system in my 01) is that the bypass module has a countdown from when the remote start sequence is activated. It is supposed to intercept the process and basically lie to the PassKey system that there is a key in the ignition to allow the PCM to deliver fuel and spark, and in turn start the vehicle. It's a very tricky and lengthy process but I'm pretty sure that's what the bypass module is doing, and maybe your module isn't doing it....."fast enough"?

extremetint

Posts per day: 0.01

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I would have to say that involves the parking light wire they hooked on to but every year is a different color but from my experience that is the cause of this message, I wish i could help more but i do not use deI brand components there tech support is not enough for my likings so I use compustar.
fullpwr5516

Posts per day: 0

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:30 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I fixed the parking light wire issue,that was triggering my service vehicle message when disarming and starting the vehicle at night (put a diode in to isolate the light trigger from the bcm)had no problems with that ever since,just the security message when using the remote start.I don't know I'm kinda weird about warning lamps/messages on my dash...they drive me nutz lol.I rebuilt half of the ABS system just to get that light out,A friend of mine has a theory that obviously the bypass is delivering the correct signal at some point or the engine would not continue to run,which sounds right.he thinks that maybe there is something that is supposed to go to the bcm from the bypass because the bcm ultimately runs the message center.I don't know I'm really rusty on this stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Audio / Video Club All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: