NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - remanufactured BCM from AES no good
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

remanufactured BCM from AES no good
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whosonfirst

Posts per day: 0.01

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject:  remanufactured BCM from AES no good Reply with quote

I sent my BCM to AES or National Parts. They said they would test it. They said the ram was bad and I needed another BCM. I asked if my radio would be locked out and if I would have a no start security problem. They said no. I waited almost 2 weeks to get the remain BCM back. Guess what the radio says locked and the engine won't crank and the security light flashes. My partsologist won't answer the phone and I have to leave messages. Very frustrating. They have my old BCM and I can't get any info out of them. I think they lied. I am out $360 so far and I can't drive my 02 Impala as it won't start. I could blow it up I am so mad. I disputed the payments on my credit card. That might get their attention. Wish I could bypass the security system. Who is going to steal a 2002 car with over 100,000 miles? I don't think Chevy can do anything for me without the old BCM.
bbengineer
NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.1

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Chevy doesn't need the old BCM.. you can order a NEW GM OEM BCM (from ZSPOT if you are smart) and find someone w/ a TechII willing to program it (in the car) or have the car towed to a dealer for a NEW OEM BCM to be installed and programmed

Reman BCMs on these cars is a REALLY BAD idea

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
whosonfirst

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I was reading a post about security programming. I did what it said. Key on start for 5-10- seconds then leave key on 10 minutes and repeat 3 times for total of 30 minutes. I noticed the flashing security quits flashing after 10 minutes. The last 10 minute segment the security light flashed once for everytime the red battery light flashed. I was shocked that the car cranked and started. Now the only problem is the radio is locked and I can't listen to the radio. AES was suppose to send tech bulletins and documentation with the reman BCM. They didn't and the partsologist (thats what they call themselves) would not help me out. I hate those people. If someone could tell me how to unlock the radio I would kiss their ........... Anyways I am delaying payment to AES Parts Nation because of the lousy service. Thanks for the advice. All my electronic issues seem to have dissappeared except the radio being locked out. I won't know about the radio menu settings till I get the radio unlocked.

Thanks BBEngineer
habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.52

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

im pretty sure you need a tech 2 to make the stereo work again. go to a dealership and tell them you had your bcm replaced and need your stereo reprogrammed.

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
whosonfirst

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:06 am    Post subject:  After driving the Impala today about 50 miles I noticed Reply with quote

I noticed the air bag red light stays on. I have figured out that AES sent me a BCM out of a wrecked car.

They didn't program the VIN into the BCM and that is why the radio is locked.
The air bag light is on because my Impala has a drivers side airbag and front airbags.
I had to program the security and AES sent no documentation on how to do it.
AES said the module was new but looking at the plug in area it looked used and old. The plastic cover was not the one I sent them.
I wouldn't recommend doing business with AES as they seem to be liars.
I don't think AES has the capability to program a BCM but they advertise that they do have the technology. I'm thinking of buying a new BCM and taking it to Chevrolet and let them program it. I have to get the charges off my credit card from AES Parts Nation. Hoping to make some headway with the partsologist Monday. AES is located in Jacksonville FL. Beware of AES.
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.61

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Just so you know, you can't just bring the dealer a BCM to have it programmed. It needs to be installed and when you have an unprogrammed BCM, the car doesn't work.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
whosonfirst

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject:  Programming the bcm Reply with quote

Well I am learning a lot about bcms'. Only the dealer can program a bcm because only the dealer has a tech II and is able to download the program supplied by a GM website that the dealer subscribes to. And the bcm has to be installed in the car so that the tech II can be plugged into the OBD II plug located under the dash to program the bcm. They call this programming flashing the bcm. Then once the bcm is programmed the security procedure that takes 30 minutes has to be performed for the car to start because of the theft deterent system. And the correct VIN must be flashed into the bcm or the radio will be locked and useless. The radio looks for a matching VIN from the bcm before it will work. The flash program is specific to the car depending on the accessories installed from the factory like automatic door locks, dual radiator cooling fans, a/c, backup lights, RDR radio, airbags, anti lock brakes, etc. If the wrong flash is installed the car will not function properly. So AES does not have the equipment or the access to the GM data base or my car to program a new bcm. AES took my bcm and disabled my car for two weeks for no reason other than to make me believe they could test and repair my bcm. It is obvious AES has no way of testing my old module. AES left me out to dry with a junk yard bcm and no instruction on installing it. AES is a low down dirty rotten lying money hustling predator ripping off unsuspecting people and making the customers car incapacitated in the process. I will not pay a nickle to the thieves praying on the innocent public licking their chops to steal from us uncanny Impala owners. The deboucery, the inhumanity, the cruel criminal element at work here. Your honor I expect the jury to find these imposters of being repudable business entity to be hanged at dawn.
whitelightnin04MC
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 1.59

2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2009 Subaru Impreza

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

A BCM can be programmed by any shop that has a Tech II. For example, I had my BCM programmed at a Shell station.

Resident Prick, at your service.
SS - Corsa Catback, RT 3" DP, CC T304 PLOG, Wizaired, ZZP Offset Polys, GMPP Koni Kit, Hella Projectrofits, PT, ZZP HVTB, 10.4's
IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.61

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject:  Re: Programming the bcm Reply with quote

whosonfirst wrote:
AES is a low down dirty rotten lying money hustling predator ripping off unsuspecting people and making the customers car incapacitated in the process. I will not pay a nickle to the thieves praying on the innocent public licking their chops to steal from us uncanny Impala owners. The deboucery, the inhumanity, the cruel criminal element at work here. Your honor I expect the jury to find these imposters of being repudable business entity to be hanged at dawn.

Easy there killer. Perhaps they were unfamiliar with the Impala BCM before they worked on it. There are plenty of other vehicles out there that can have there BCMs reflashed or tinkered with in the absence of a high priced tool that is limited (mostly) to dealers.

That being said, I can't believe you would spend 360 bucks to have something remanufactured when a new, dealer installed BCM is around 500 bucks and will be done the same day...

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
bbengineer
NAIOA Owner / Webmaster
NAIOA Administrator
NAIOA Administrator

Posts per day: 2.1

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Corvette
2007 Chevrolet Tahoe
2008 Subaru Impreza
1970 Chevrolet Chevelle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject:  Re: Programming the bcm Reply with quote

whosonfirst wrote:
Well I am learning a lot about bcms'. Only the dealer can program a bcm because only the dealer has a tech II and is able to download the program supplied by a GM website that the dealer subscribes to.

False, anyone w/ a TechII (or MDI) can program the BCM. Anyone who is a service/reman facility can program a BCM

Quote:
And the bcm has to be installed in the car so that the tech II can be plugged into the OBD II plug located under the dash to program the bcm.

False, BCM must be installed in the car to program w/ a Tech II. They can be programmed on the bench w/ the correct equipment (which dealers do not have, but service/reman centers do)

Quote:
Then once the bcm is programmed the security procedure that takes 30 minutes has to be performed for the car to start because of the theft deterent system.

False, if you have a Tech II, you can do the security relearn in 10 minutes. It only takes ~30 minutes if you don't have a TechII

Quote:

And the correct VIN must be flashed into the bcm or the radio will be locked and useless. The radio looks for a matching VIN from the bcm before it will work.

True, but if the incorrect VIN is programmed, the car will not start either, even after a security relearn

Quote:

The flash program is specific to the car depending on the accessories installed from the factory like automatic door locks, dual radiator cooling fans, a/c, backup lights, RDR radio, airbags, anti lock brakes, etc.

Sorta, your RPOs are programmed into the BCM, things like backup lights, the radio, the cooling fans, etc are there by default (and not all controlled by the BCM)

Quote:
If the wrong flash is installed the car will not function properly.

Sorta, only the options programmed incorrectly will not function

Quote:
So AES does not have the equipment or the access to the GM data base or my car to program a new bcm.

AES may or may not have the equipment and may or may not have access to GM SPS

BBEngineer

Decisions...Decisions...
whosonfirst

2002 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject:  expert bcm technician Reply with quote

Your honor I bring to the stand an expert on the Impala bcm Mr bbengineer.

Mr. bb is it possible to program an 02 Impala bcm on the bench?

Mr bb says, yes it is possible to program the bcm on the bench with the proper tools.

Mr bb why is the VIN number important to program in the bcm?

Mr bb says, the car will not start and the radio will not work if the proper VIN number is not programmed into the bcm.

Mr. bb can the bcm security program be installed on the bench.

Mr bb says, the security program can be install with the techII in 10 minutes.

Mr bb in your opinion does AES have the equipment to bench program the 02 Impala bcm?

Mr bb says, AES may or may not have the equipment and may or may not have access to GM SPS.

Your honor I would like to point out that AES asked for my cars VIN number and had me mail my bcm to diagnose. AES told me that my bcm had bad RAM (random access memory). AES said I would need a remanufactured bcm. I said I wanted a new one. AES told me it would be a new one in a used plastic case.

I received my new bcm in a used plastic case with seal on the case voiding the 1 year warranty if the seal was removed.

I also received some instruction called ECM instructions. No where on the instructions were instructions on how to do the theft deterrent learning. A warning said the replacement ECM won't start the car because of the theft deterrent system programming needs to be done.

I called the partsologist to find out why my car would not start and why my radio was locked. The partsologist said I need to take my car to a qualified technician.

If I am to take my car to a qualified technician then why would I take my bcm out and send it to AES for repair? Why did they not send instruction on the learning procedure for the new bcm?

If they programmed the bcm correctly why is my radio locked?

If they programmed the bcm correctly why is my airbag red light on?

I had neither one of these problems with the old bcm.

If I have to take my car to a qualified techician who has a techII why would I send my bcm to AES when the certified technician could do the job?

AES takes my money and disables my car for 2 weeks just so I can take my car to a certified technician that could do the same job that AES was suppose to do.

If I have worked in the automotive truck and car repair business for 20 years why would I not be considered a qualified technician? Why does AES claim to have a quick turnaround time when they got my bcm on a Wednesday and didn't diagnose it till Friday?

When I told the partsologist that my car would not start and the radio was locked why didn't the partsologist talk me through the learning procedure?

Why did the partsologist tell me earlier when telling me I needed a remanufactured bcm that my radio would not be locked?

When I call AES I am only allowed to talk to the same stupid partsologist that does not know anything except that I need to get my car towed to a qualified technician and have the bcm installed.

Your honor I feel AES is misrepresenting what they can do for the customer by claiming a quick turnaround time and years of experience in electronic component repairs. Also if AES claims that only a certified technician can install the bcm then why didn't they tell me that before taking my order.

The fact is that AES was slow in delivering. AES has no technical support. AES does not care if their product works. AES is in business to rip off customers because they can get away with it.

If my old module failed from old age why would a complete diagnoses of every electrical system that interfaces with the bcm have to be done to keep the module in warranty? Again AES purposely has a warranty that makes it possible for AES to sell faulty products and then blaming the installation tech for not installing the bcm properly.

Assuming AES is a reputable business why would I pay a dealer $250 more to do the bcm job? How would I know the bcm was bad unless I sent it to AES to test? If upon testing AES discovered that a component on my car was faulty and caused my bcm to fail why would they not report that to me? I have had RAM fail on old computers before. It happens. Nothing caused the memory to fail except time.

My client is asking for damages caused by a vehicle out of service for almost 1 week for diagnoses and remanufacture and 1 week in transit. Also my client is asking for mental anguish caused by the partsologist who offered no assistance when my clients car would not start and the radio was locked. Because of escalating cost due to the economy my client is looking for financial compensation and jail time for the stupid partsologist. Also looking for a bcm that works properly in his 02 Impala. While in jail the partsologist must learn how to do his job properly.

Judge says, I find AES guilty. What does the jurry say?
TSS
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I don't think you can afford BBE's expert wintness fees. Wink

ps. I will say I am learning a lot from this thread.

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
Frank
Master Level
Master Level
Platinum Contributor (Amount: 1) Platinum Contributor

Posts per day: 0.78

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The jury says we aren't in court.

Cool

70_Malibu
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.02

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

This jurist says you read too many John Grisham novels. Laughing

Interesting thread, though! Good Luck!

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.94

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Jury says stfu Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: