NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Heated seats not working, 2004 Impala SS
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Heated seats not working, 2004 Impala SS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabech984

Posts per day: 0.01

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject:  Heated seats not working, 2004 Impala SS Reply with quote

It's been getting colder here in Ohio(low-mid 40's in the morning) so I decided to use my heated seats for the first time. Unfortunately, they never warmed up. I checked the fuses, and they're good. What else can I check before removing the seat and upholstery? I'd hate to waste my time pulling the seats apart, if there's a known problem with these failing or not working.

Also, does anyone have an idea of how much heated seat elements cost from the dealer? I'd be replacing them myself. Thanks, Chris
Irish_alley
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1986 GMC Sierra
1994 Chevrolet Silverado
1984 GMC Sierra
1979 Chevrolet Silverado
1991 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

i know my first imp 04 ss the drivers side bottom went out took it to the dealer with other problems they covered it under warranty. some seats out of a 04 ss indy that i just bought also just had the elements replaced. but if its both top and bottom i dont think its the elements but something else maybe the switch idk i just dont see both going at the same time

Sorry if i'm an a**hole, but i tend to speak whats on my mind and the truth as i see it.. May not be right but it seamed right.
HotSauce6226
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Diamond Contributor (Amount: 1) Diamond Contributor

Posts per day: 1.46

2003 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Mine did the same. There is a fix on NAIOA somewhere.

VoSSer

Posts per day: 0.01

2004 Chevrolet Impala
1996 Chevrolet Impala
1979 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Same thing happened to me on my '04 SS to both seats. Bought the car that way and finally got sick of freezing my butt off... Also, my friend has an '00 LS that we did this same fix, too...

1. Remove the seat from the car and place it on a bench.
2. Remove switch panel from the side of the seat, including the lumbar knob.
3. I also unbolted the seat back from the lower seat to gain easier access.
4. Peel back the lower seat cover to expose the heating element...its inter-woven into the seat bottom.
5. Find the wire that connects the seat bottom to the seat back. It is a really thin copper wire and it will be burnt black in one spot. You may have to "surgically" cut some of the material around the burn area to expose the wire.
6. Solder the wire back together.
7. Put the seat back together and re-install it into the car.
8. Flick the switch and enjoy a nice warm ride.

I don't know if this was the right way or the wrong way to fix it, but so far, this fix has held up for 20,000 miles for me.

Good Luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 General Impala Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: