NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - p0134
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

p0134
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.53

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:44 am    Post subject:  p0134 Reply with quote

Ok, so the day that I went to pick up my new grand prix, the imp decides to throw a cel Evil or Very Mad Scanned it while driving b/c I had a scanner on me at the time and it came up as a P0134, O2 Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 1, Sensor 1). Is this just meaning I need to replace the 02 sensor on the downpipe/rear manifold? I was watching the voltage readings and Bank 1 Sensor 1 would only be at either 0.45 or 0.455 volts no matter how I drove but every now and then, it would jump all the way down to 0 and come straight back. Seemed like when it did this it did it several times in a row, and only ususally at slow acceleration. Sensor 2 Bank 1 was anywhere between 0.8-0.95 volts and once on a half hour drive I was watching it, after 5 min of 70 mph then coasting on an off ramp, the voltage slowly crept down to about 0.2 volts, then came back up when I gave it gas and had no other issues. I need advice.
The syptoms its doing is bogging down sometimes (when the gauge shows sensor 1 bank one is jumping to zero) and only happens on very slow accelerations from a stop

I logged it and saved the data and its in a csv file. Not sure how to access or send that to anybody that would want to see it.

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
98ss
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.27

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Bank 1 on the 3.8 is on the manifold in the front on the car, if it is a 3.4 it is the rear. I would replace the sensor and see what happens.
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:19 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Ya it's a 3400. Only Delco or Denso, correct?

2002 Impala- SSC, AGX, 18" charger R/t rims w/8mm spacers, Magnaflow cat, U-bend delete, flowmaster 80 series crossflow, z28 tips, HAI, debadged, 35% tint, smoked headlights, full sound system
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I tried to remove the o2 sensor today.... not gonna happen. I can't get the thing out. I even went and bought the o2 sensor socket, and it wont budge. Rocked the engine forward and removed a vaccum hose to get more room, but I can't turn the sensor at all. Any ideas? Should I just take it in? Any idea how much it'd cost to have a shop do it?

barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Really tired of this issue. Got the sensor out, put the new one in, put stuff back together, and... same issue. Same cel is on, same syptoms. Idk wtf to do. I even reset the ecu to see if that would change it and no it didn't. Also was replaced with a Denso. Any help??

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.94

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

You need to use AC Delco sensors for the 02. most other brands are crap.

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.6

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If the PCM is detecting no activity from the sensor (both the old and new) my bet is that you have some bad wiring somewhere along the line. Did you check through the entire harness to make sure the wiring is intact?

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

00impala123 wrote:

Thought Denso and AC Delco were ok replacements?

IffyG wrote:
If the PCM is detecting no activity from the sensor (both the old and new) my bet is that you have some bad wiring somewhere along the line. Did you check through the entire harness to make sure the wiring is intact?

It's not completely inactive, just every few seconds jumps to 0 then back, which I'm guessing would be a wire shorting? I haven't looked at any of the wiring. Been way to busy with school and work to try and run down the problem more than just the sensor, so I've been driving my other car. I would assume the wiring would be ok from the new sensor to the connector. Should I take the connector apart and clean it? What would I use?

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.94

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

barnettimpala wrote:
00impala123 wrote:

Thought Denso and AC Delco were ok replacements?

You might be right. Denso might be a decent one. I know the bosch and other brands are terrible, denso might be alright

NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

After some quick reading, I believe P0134 deals with your rear O2 sensor.

Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ZSPOT wrote:
After some quick reading, I believe P0134 deals with your rear O2 sensor.

? says bank 1 sensor 1, I'd assume thats the upstream?

EDIT: Just drove it for quite a while, cruising around trying to see what happens. I unplgged the O2 sensor before I started, and drove it like that for half the time. No cel came on, no hesitation either. Was watching the voltage tho, and it was still dropping to 0 every so often. Only happens sometimes when I'm barely on the throttle. Didn't notice hesitation like before tho. The voltage for sensor one stays at 0.45 and 0.455 all the time and doesn't change until it goes crazy for a few seconds, jumping from 0 - 1.3. Sensor 2 fluctuates normally around .8-.9, and goes down after a while of not on the throttle, but then comes up pretty much right away.
I also drove with it with the sensor plugged in, and it showed the same thing, but still no noticed hesitation. No cel came on this time either, but DTC Pending came up with P0134 and P0327, same O2 sensor bank 1 and Knock Sensor #1.

That's as much info as I can give. Does this help any? Really need somebody to help me out on this b/c I really don't wanna have to take it to a shop and get screwed over.

ZSPOT
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 1.28

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2004 Ford Mustang
1981 Chevrolet Silverado
2007 Chevrolet Silverado

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/New%2.....0P0134.htm

Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

ZSPOT wrote:
http://www.hotrodlane.cc/New%2.....0P0134.htm

That looks like such helpful information, I just wish I knew how to understand it Laughing And I'm being serious about that. I get lost at step 5. I don't know what the high signal circuit is?

FWIW, I put in the old O2 sensor today and it's def. worse. It was about half and half now with voltage at .45 and the rest of the time it jumped all over the place. Versus with the new sensor it was just every now and then. I have noted that the voltage only goes crazy when I'm barely on the gas, or after I floor it for a few sec and then let off and coast

Sorry if it seems like I can't figure it out with obvious info, I really don't know anything about this stuff

barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me where the upstream o2 sensor grounds to? Found some very good info that says the 0.45 volts that I'm seeing is a bias voltage that it reverts to when the sensor circuit is open. I was thinking maybe it could be the ground? Anybody got ideas? Thank you so much for the help. I really need to get my imp back on the road. I miss the a/c that I'm having problems with in my gp that nobody knows what the issue is either. And yes it is hot enough for a/c in Hawaii Laughing

barnettimpala
Member Level
Member Level

2002 Chevrolet Impala
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
2003 Pontiac Grand Prix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Anybody have any suggestions?? Seems like nobody wants to respond. And I need this fixed asap. Getting a bias voltage of 0.45 volts, which leads me to assume the circuit is open. And I've been trying to research where the sensor grounds to, and where the wiring goes from the sensor. I don't have a shop manual at the moment, but I think a wiring diagram would help me track it down. anybody have access to one? Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: