NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Broke Fuel Part (pic) Fuel Rail
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Broke Fuel Part (pic) Fuel Rail

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2001Ls
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.23

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject:  Broke Fuel Part (pic) Fuel Rail Reply with quote

I seem to have broken this part. I was toying with my rear spark plugs and this seems to have snapped. I have droplets of fuel leaking onto the Upper intake. manifold Pretty seady drip, drip drip. What is this part?Can I fix it ? Thanks!

2001 Impala LS 81k as of Nov,2011
3.8 V6 3800 Series 2
VictoryRed09
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That is the fuel supply line.
I had the O-Ring start leaking on mine. The dealer said the complete supply line is no longer available. Check your Area Dealer.

I was lucky and was able to get just an O-Ring to repair mine. But if your connector is physically broken you may need to replace the whole line.

A replacement could be found at a salvage yard. The line runs back from the engine toward the Fuel Filter.

Is the connector cracked/ Broken or just leaking?

Any one Know of a Repair kit that can be used to replace the broken connector for 2001LS ?

Don't drive it with a leak .. Fire is a real possibility with fuel leaks.
2001Ls
Resident
Resident

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

thanks for the reply. I don't know what could have happened. I was rocking the engine and trying to reach the rear sprk plugs so I guess I banged it or something
any idea how to disconnect the part where it meets the fuel rail? It's a tricky connector

3.8 V6 3800 Series 2
VictoryRed09
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

The one on my 3800 has a yellow clip underneath the black connector that you pinch inward as you press down then up on the Black 90* connector to remove it. Can not tell from the picture if it is exactly like mine.

Yours may need a quick release tool (cheap plastic ones are at Autozone or other parts supply house). Under $10 .
If you get it off you can inspect closer and take pictures.

If it is the O-ring, I got mine at Autozone in package of different sizes. It was not bad taking the old one out. Then match the size. but sort of a bugger to get the new one into the connector in the right spot.

Others here should be able to provide other helpful tips.
Be careful flexing the line.
Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.3

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If I recall correctly, the fuel line disconnect works by pinching two white tabs under the black "bell end" of the fuel line, and lifting the black fuel line away.

It may have just become unseated when you were moving the engine around. You may be able to find a little bit more information (and maybe even a pic) in the NAIOA writeup for LIM/UIM gaskets.

Edit: I think in your picture, you can see the end of one of the white "tabs" I am referring to, exposed just underneath the black bell end.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
2001Ls
Resident
Resident

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks for the info guys. This is just so unneccassary for me. I do not know where to go but I'll see if I can seal it up.

3.8 V6 3800 Series 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: