NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Stripped Caliper bolt inlet 05 Impala
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Stripped Caliper bolt inlet 05 Impala

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.05

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2003 GMC Sierra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject:  Stripped Caliper bolt inlet 05 Impala Reply with quote

So i haven't been on NAIOA in about 2 years im glad to be back!!! Well my problem is i have aftermarket slot n drilled rotors and when i installed i might have stripped the bolt patter on the Caliper itself. It now just keeps spinning and will not tighten fully. its causing braking to shake more and more as brakes wear out thus making me think rotors are now warped. Is there a way i can re-thread bolt inlet or should i just replace whole caliper?

bigdog60
Resident
Resident
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.25

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I'd go with replacing the caliper.
Jayme
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.1

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:59 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Rebuilt calipers are pretty cheap and widely available, don't bother trying to tap new threads in your old one.

Start them out right...
DennisW
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.08

2004 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject:  Re: Stripped Caliper bolt inlet 05 Impala Reply with quote

Robert wrote:
So i haven't been on NAIOA in about 2 years im glad to be back!!! Well my problem is i have aftermarket slot n drilled rotors and when i installed i might have stripped the bolt patter on the Caliper itself. It now just keeps spinning and will not tighten fully. its causing braking to shake more and more as brakes wear out thus making me think rotors are now warped. Is there a way i can re-thread bolt inlet or should i just replace whole caliper?

Holy Crap! You're actually DRIVING the car in that condition? Please, for your safety and the safety of others around you on the road, replace that caliper ASAP!!
Robert
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.05

2005 Chevrolet Impala
2003 GMC Sierra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Quote:
Holy Crap! You're actually DRIVING the car in that condition? Please, for your safety and the safety of others around you on the road, replace that caliper ASAP!!

Haha no it still brakes ok, i have new pads on there and everything is fine. all it is is the shaking part but yes u are right, new calipers this paycheck. i drive a 91 RX7
in meantime.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Wheels, Tires, Brakes, and Suspension All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: