NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Acer monitors
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Acer monitors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.6

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject:  Acer monitors Reply with quote

Anyone have any experience either good or bad with Acer monitors? I currently have a 22" Samsung along with an old 15" HP as a secondary monitor. The Samsung has started to flake out a little. It randomly drops the picture, turning it off and back on makes the picture come back but only for a few seconds before it goes back off. Only way to get it back is to switch the primary display to the smaller monitor than back again and it's fine.

Saw this deal of the week on Newegg for the 20" Acer for $99. For that price I'm thinking about picking up two to replace the 22" and 15". I've wanted to have matching ones for awhile but since they were both working I couldn't justify getting new ones but since the one is acting up a bit and with that deal thinking about jumping on it. I don't do any gaming on the computer so I'm not worried about if they may not be the greatest for that. Seems to have good reviews. Thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/.....6824009256

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
It's hard to find retards of this quality in such masses. It's truly amazing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
overlordspock
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.14

2005 Chevrolet Impala
1998 Chevrolet Silverado
2008 Chevrolet Impala
2011 Chevrolet Malibu
2009 Pontiac G8
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

For a cheap monitor, they are pretty good. I don't think the pictures on them are as "vibrant" as some of the more pricy monitors, but they aren't bad. The 1600x900 resolution is a little low for my tastes for a 20" monitor, but that may not matter to you. For that price, you really can't go wrong, especially with the three year warranty.

2009 Pontiac G8 GT - Sport Red Metallic, Kooks LTs w/ Cats, Corsa Catback, RotoFab CAI, HomeLink
2014 Impala 2LT - Black, No Mods
2008 Silverado LTZ Z71 - Black, Extended Cab, Spray-on Bedliner
2008 Impala SS - Precision Red, Magnaflow, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Overkill Tune, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets SOLD
2005 Impala LS - Summit White, Front/Rear STBs w/ Don Rome Brackets, BBE Monte SS Cluster SOLD
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Yea. I'm running 1680x1050 currently, I guess it's something to consider. Seems like most are 1600x900 for the 20". I wouldn't have a problem with going a little bit bigger but I think 2 20" will be close with my current desk space.

Although if I did go up to like 21.5" I could get ones that are HD. Hmm. Confused

Jesus created the internet and puppies and dandelions and kittens and sunny days and lollipops and impalas and turbochargers and pizza and beer and wings and boobies and blowjobs and pizza and pizza and pizza and beer and snow days and football and cheerleaders and drag radials and nascar and everything else that's awesome.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
topgun
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.27

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject:  Acer monitors Reply with quote

A lot of stores, business's use Acer. Good product for the mid to low end equip. Can't beat the price. Go for it. Cool

Paul79UF

Posts per day: 0.02

2010 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I bought my mother a 22" Acer monitor recently and I've had an Acer 11.6" netbook for a few years.

Both work great and I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything else from Acer.

IffyG
NAIOA Moderator
NAIOA Moderator
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 3.57

2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
2009 Chevrolet Malibu

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I use a couple of Acer monitors at work. They aren't anything special, but they get the job done and don't break the bank. If I had some extra cash lying around, I'd jump on that deal in a heart beat so I could finally get rid of my 15" LCD that I've had forever.

Dan wrote:
Protip: If you don't know what you're doing, don't do it.

d
chibiblacksheep
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.47

2000 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2007 Chevrolet Impala
1968 Chevrolet Camaro
2013 Chevrolet Camaro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I have 2 Acer 22s. They are decent enough for the price I paid (0 dollars)

I'm happy with them!

Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I looked at going up to 21.5" and getting full HD monitors, however at a minimum I would have been spending 40 bucks more a piece and I decided I don't really need HD monitors. So I did decide to pick up 2 of these. Can't really beat 2 20" monitors for under 200 bucks. Should be here tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
helldorado
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.51

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
2005 Infiniti G35
2008 Subaru Impreza
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Toyota Space Cruiser

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

5I look forward to replacing my Acer 22's. They're ok'ish, but nothing to write home about. Get washy at angles and too much bleed at the edges, but could be far worse. Now that legit IPS monitors are getting better in price, I'll eventually swap them out for dual LED IPS 24's.

Having 1680x1050 screens, I regret not having 1920x1200 everytime I do anything that would utilize it.

TSS
Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.55

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

We use Acers at my offcie, they have never dissapointed me.

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
20SS07
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2009 Toyota Tacoma

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

helldorado wrote:
5I look forward to replacing my Acer 22's. They're ok'ish, but nothing to write home about. Get washy at angles and too much bleed at the edges, but could be far worse. Now that legit IPS monitors are getting better in price, I'll eventually swap them out for dual LED IPS 24's.

Having 1680x1050 screens, I regret not having 1920x1200 everytime I do anything that would utilize it.

Yea, definitely some much better stuff out there, but currently I wouldn't really utilize having a much higher end or high resolution setup.

They arrived today and for my needs, I'm pleased with them, especially for the price. Nice to have matching monitors now, it was kind of annoying having a 22" widescreen next to a 15" non widescreen haha.

whitelightnin04MC wrote:
VIKING
Resident
Resident

Posts per day: 0.15

2003 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

If it is an LCD, probably has bad caps. I fixed my 22" SCEPTER that had bad caps...probably the inverter, the inverter makes a square wave that lights the flourescent bulb in the LCD, go to a high contrast picture like google b4 you enter the search, hold a bright flashlight to the LCD and see if you see a faint "google" , if you do it is the inverter...this works on notebooks too, the newer ones some do not have inverters, they are led or something else. Anyway I made a video on how to check and repair...I also have a few impala videos, the latest on cleaning your MAF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WDuDtAJozI

Today is the oldest you have ever been, yet the youngest you will ever be.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: