NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - Water pump Question
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

Water pump Question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graves

Posts per day: 0.01

2001 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Question Water pump Question Reply with quote

OK so I'm about to dig into my 01 impala to relace the UIM and gasket and LIM gasket as well as the elbows and valve cover gaskets. They're all leaking to one point or another. My question is should i replace the water pump and gasket while I'm at it. I'm getting a lot of leakage on the passanger side of the motor but I can't be certain that it isn't coming from the water pump. So, Should I just replace it for the added security of it? currently I'm comming up on 161K miles on original gaskets and parts.

All parts and gaskets are being ordered from Amazon for less than $175
banndit
Cadet
Cadet

Posts per day: 0.03

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

I did the water pump on my daughter's 2000 yesterday. The part was $32 and the job was pretty easy. If you're doing the rest of the gaskets, it won't be a big addition to the job.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> 2000-2005 Engine, Exhaust and Transmission All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: