NAIOA.comNAIOA.comNAIOA.com
 Create an Account

NAIOA Impala Forums :: View topic - I lost one Husky
GarageGarage    1/4 Mile Table1/4 Mile Table    Forum FAQForum FAQ    SearchSearch    UsergroupsUsergroups   MedalsMedals
MemberlistMemberlist   ProfileProfile    Watched TopicsWatched Topics    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 

I lost one Husky
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MyDvd7MD
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

Posts per day: 2.18

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:20 pm    Post subject:  I lost one Husky Reply with quote

At 4pm Friday Sept. 16 I went to g/f's house to give Mikala her pill she has been sick for a couple months, wobbly and unsteady on feet, confused at times. seizures (hold rear leg up and yelping in pain), drinking lots of water. G/f told me Mikala was diagnose with diabetes insipidus (water diabetes). Anyhow g/f at work at county prison in kitchen supervising prisoners prepare meals. I leave the Albion Fair to give mikala her 4pm phenobarbital and walked in and found her already passed away in bathroom. I thought she was just too weak to get up, her eyes were open and still blue, but when i tried to get her up i felt that she was gone and rigor had set in so it happened sometime between g/f leaving 10am and me arriving 4pm. I picked her up and carried her into bedroom and put her back on her pillow and covered her up like she was sleeping. That morning i had bought 18 roses for my g/f and took 5-6 and laid on blanket til my g/f got home from work at 7:30pm. I left message at prison so she had time to prepare not like me i walked right in and found her and lost it.

I have always loved Huskies that have that beautiful sled dog/ or wolf look and are just beautiful animals and then to find one you have cared for and loved for such a long time just lying there. Tears your heart right out.

Yesterday i got up and took toby the white husky for walk and while walking him g/f took mikala to vet to have her cremated. I was doing good but then went to the fair for the parade and while sitting there waiting for parade to start and thinking about Mikala, someone started singing glory halleluah. I have heard that song a 100,000 times but never really listened to words until then and then lost my composure all over again. It seems every movie i see when they play that song there is always a scene of a funeral or even someone passing into heaven. And that is exactly the scene that went through my head was Mikala passing into paradise.

She was 11 yrs old and in great health until just a couple months ago we would walk, toby, mikala and me at least 3 miles a day. toby the other one was there when she passed and when i got there went outside and wouldn't come back in, i had to go outside and walk him down driveway and talk to him before he would go back in. And g/f didn't telll me everything about mikala, probably because she didn't want me to worry but last night while sitting around a fire in her yard she told me mikala had a brain tumor and then everything fell into place the confusion, the seizures, wobbly walk and such.

They may be my g/f's huskies but I spend just as much time with them and walk them. G/f Mom was going to come over and stay with her and she no Toby is too energetic will knock you down. Then her Mom mentioned g/f's brother Dan and she no toby don't like men. Dan will never get in door. Then she looks at me and says why does he like you. I say. "Because i have known him since you got him and play with him (sometimes a little rough) probably why he has attitude. hahah.

Here is a picture of Mikala. I am going to miss her a lot. She was about 7-8 yr.s old in pic. there is 4 yrs different between her and Toby.

Here is toby my big boy that seems really like me. But don't like Johovah witnesses A few days before mikala passed away they came to door and Toby was growling and howling. And g/f said later when she was home Time warner guy came to try and talk her into cable and she has DishNetwork like me. And toby didn't like that guy either. And if you notice pic had to be taken a few years ago my car still had wheel covers. Laughing He is about 3 yrs. old there and he is 7 yr. old now

00impala123
Senior Level
Senior Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.95

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Damn that's hard man. I just had to put my dog down in may. My dog was 17 years old so the attachment was strong. I feel for ya

Member Level
Member Level

Posts per day: 0.41

2005 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that,
had to put my 12 year old corgi down feb-march. got a german shepherd now going to be 6 months next week.
MyDvd7MD
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks,it is amazing how dogs and cats become so much apart of you, it was devastating. I expected to walk in and give pill (in fact i went to get turkey breast and pill first) and lay beside here and talk to her and spend time and found out she was gone. And had pill wrapped in turkey breast in my hand. When i had my kitty put to sleep a few years ago as the euthansia shot took effect her green eyes clouded white. Mikalas eyes were still blue and seemed to be looking right at me. That threw me for a loop. But i moved her and knew she was gone so picked her up off cold bathroom floor and carried her back to bedroom to her pillow and blanket. and covered her as if she was sleeping and cleaned up her mess when she lost her control of her bowels and bladder. But last night g/f and i were talking and she was saying she expected to be the one to find Mikala gone. I would have preferred her to have gone in her sleep. Because seeing her eyes open tells me she went quick but either fell because of wobbly and unsteady while walking or fell during seizure. Either way i have to believe it was fast and painless. At least now she is at peace. Crying or Very sad But my g/f couldn't bear to look at her eyes. I told her i felt so helpless not able to do anything.

But Toby seems to be dealing pretty good. A friend of Dad's has collies and says he had dogs in the past once one passed he placed it for the other ones to see even the kitty had to check the deceased one but all the animals handled it better. Otherwise the other pets wonder what happened ot their friend. But at least Toby was there with Mikala. It's funny those two would irritated each other and act like they didn't get along but every now and again you would catch those two laying beside each other. G/f has a sign on her refrigerator as I do to it says "Siberian Huskies are just like cookies, you never want just one"

But i feel guilty , I never cried when Mom died, or when I had to put my 18 yr. old kitty to sleep. But Mikala, and finding her like that and everything. I have had a rough time. But G/F and i still have Toby. Not sure if she wants to get another one but it will be awhile because Mikala was her little girl. But she was my little girl too. I spent almost as much time with her, walking and taking care of her and Toby both.

In fact G/f was planning everything she was going to have vet come to house and take Mikala outside on hill where she like to sleep in sun and have her get the shot there and have me stay in house with Toby. And vet take away Mikala afterwards. But i prefer this better because Toby was there and I got to say good-bye.

j_weezy
Dedicated
Dedicated
Silver Contributor (Amount: 1) Silver Contributor

Posts per day: 0.13

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

sorry man,sad to hear that.but in all honesty that wasent at all fair to the dog to be stumbling around and being in pain like that, pretty selfish.its alwayse hard to make the decision to put a dog down but you gotta think of the dogs quality of life.again not being a dick,sorry for the loss.
MyDvd7MD
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Well G/f planned to put her to sleep Sept 3 she requested from vet prices for it, because she didn't want to see her in that condition. But then Mikala came back was doing great did little walks around yard to get her muscles exercised and even once or twice around cul de sac. She seemed to be bouncing back but Thurs. i noticed one seizure that she hadn't had in a while and then next morning g/f said she wouldn't get up, I think she was planning on calling vet and doing it Saturday. But it was too late. I found her Fri. We weren't being unfair to her, we wanted to give her a chance to bounce back. But were prepared to put her to sleep if it seemed it was time. Crying or Very sad

Lingenfelter
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 2.34

2003 Chevrolet Impala
1999 Yugo Tempo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sorry to hear. It is very hard to lose pets, either to illness at home or euthenasia at the vets.

My girlfriend had a cat when we met that hated men in general, but I guess I spent enough time around that eventually the cat preferred me over my girlfriend Laughing

Had to put down that cat (Sparky, over 19 years old!) and a rottweiler (Tilly, just 7 years old- had cancer Sad )

At least when you are ready for a new husky, you'll have the opportunity to watch a new pup grow! They are beautiful dogs.

GMPP Duals, GMPP Handling Kit, NAIOA FWI V2, Silverstar Hi/Lo/Fogs, Viper 5900 Remote Start/Security.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TSS
Member Level
Member Level
Gold Contributor (Amount: 1) Gold Contributor

Posts per day: 0.56

2010 Lincoln MKS
2014 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Real sorry to hear that as well. She obviously was loved a lot and had a good life. I know, it is like losing a true friend.

2010 Buick Enclave CXL - bone stock;
2010 Lincoln MKS Ecoboost - V6 AWD Twin Turbo; Livernois Motorsports Tuned, 0 to 60 in 3.90 seconds;
2014 Impala Limited LTZ
2009 Impala SS (SOLD)
j_weezy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Posts per day: 0.13

2001 Chevrolet Monte Carlo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:04 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

oh i see,sorry again.we had to put our rott down when she was 8 dident even have time to prepare for it totally unexpected.one of the most traumatic thing i had to do.i rarely cry at funerals put when the dog got put dowwn i was crying like a baby.sucks
MyDvd7MD
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

No problem, i didn't explain it great the first time. It was very hard to lose any animal. But to see her it put me on my knees. Crying or Very sad

habermehl
Member Level
Member Level
Bronze Contributor (Amount: 1) Bronze Contributor

Posts per day: 0.53

2001 Chevrolet Impala
2007 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

That sucks my friend sorry to hear.

billy101 wrote:
Conner wrote:
how do the dealer's expect us to get the cars there if they don 't run at all?

Tow Truck?
MyDvd7MD
Uberd0rk!
Uberd0rk!

2000 Chevrolet Impala
2006 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Thanks, she was a great friend. On our walks she was the sociable one, as long as you didn't touch paws she was fine. Toby he will sit beside me as i talk but if anyone reaches over he will mouth you first to let you know "watch it" but he is the protector. But i am glad he is because that way i feel more comfortable with the g/f walking him. Without worrying something will happen to her. While walking in park a few months ago. A child hood friend i haven't seen since i was 5 yr. old recognized me and called out to me from behind. As i turned around to face him he was already reaching out to shake hands and toby reach up and let him know. "I don't know you" Wasn't a bite just a mouthing and a howl. He was always trying to bully mikala around house but she fix him. Even with her being smaller she was still older and there first. but While Mikala was sick and getting more attention. He was very good, and very understanding. And he does miss her every now and again i catch him looking for her. Crying or Very sad

Here is a couple pics taken at Pet smart when they had a pro photographer in store. Mikala black and white Toby white with black markings.

VictoryRed09
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Posts per day: 0.1

2009 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Sorry about loosing your dog.

They are indeed man's best friend.
jgilius
Uber
Uber

Posts per day: 0.3

1983 Ford Thunderbird
2004 Ford Mustang

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Condolences from the Hutchison crew (chippy and chloe the greyhounds, sally the beagle/lab mix, and bones the black cat). Laura and I do greyhound rescue, and always seem to get the "broken" dogs. they leave pawprints on our hearts, and we'll keep getting our hearts broke when they are called home. But we will keep doing it, because that's just what we do. There will always be another pup looking for their forever home. Thanks for loving and caring for mikala! Peace, John

www.afgwm.org
www.pwctoday.com
www.focusfanatics.com
GOTIT4CHEAP16
Senior Level
Senior Level

Posts per day: 0.81

2000 Chevrolet Impala

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote

Damn sorry to hear that. My friend and his girlfriends dog was recently stolen from their backyard in the middle of the night. Some people have no heart.

Mods: 3.0 MPS | Gen V | N* TB | LQ4 MAF | 130# Springs | XP Cam | |Stage 3 Ported Heads| Roller Master Double Timing Set | CAI | PRJ Wires | AL104 | Speed Daddy Headers | EGR Delete | ZZP Stage 2 Intercooler | 42lb Injectors |
13.4 @ 106

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3183434
Post new topic   Reply to topic    NAIOA Impala Forums Forum Index -> Almost Anything Goes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: